The Student Room Group

buying iPhone from Cex or Musicmagpie?

I'm looking to buy a used iPhone 7 plus since buying apple iPhones new are ridiculously expensive and would cost like £200 more new.

One option could be eBay but I've read a lot about shops like Cex and musicmagpie and am now thinking that it might be a lot safer than using eBay? (they also both have like 1 year warranty).

Has anyone bought an iPhone from either of these places? and if so what were your experiences?

is it better just buying one new?

EDIT BY COMMUNITY TEAM

There are some super cheap phone deals around for Black Friday:

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by peacheyroses
I'm looking to buy a used iPhone 7 plus since buying apple iPhones new are ridiculously expensive and would cost like £200 more new.

One option could be eBay but I've read a lot about shops like Cex and musicmagpie and am now thinking that it might be a lot safer than using eBay? (they also both have like 1 year warranty).

Has anyone bought an iPhone from either of these places? and if so what were your experiences?

It's pointless buying an iPhone 7 Plus now. The specs are way behind what any brand new Android phone at the same price or a bit less can offer. iPhone batteries do not keep their full charging potential for over a year; get a brand new Android phone instead.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Glassapple
It's pointless buying an iPhone 7 Plus now. The specs are way behind what any brand new Android phone at the same price or a bit less can offer. iPhone batteries do not keep their full charging potential for over a year; get a brand new Android phone instead.

literally knew I'd get a couple people telling me not to buy an iPhone lol there's literally no point.

I do not want an android

therefore I will not get one

simples

if i wanted one, I'd get one, but i don't
(this isn't meant to sound rude, just people telling me how bad iPhones are and all the cons of it when i don't care)
Original post by peacheyroses
literally knew I'd get a couple people telling me not to buy an iPhone lol there's literally no point.

I do not want an android

therefore I will not get one

simples

if i wanted one, I'd get one, but i don't
(this isn't meant to sound rude, just people telling me how bad iPhones are and all the cons of it when i don't care)

If you want to waste your money on a phone several models behind the current range then good for you. Android phones do everything iPhones can do except iTunes for which there are many good alternatives; if you're willing to spend hundreds of pounds because you can't be bothered to change from iTunes then that's your own (incredibly stupid) problem.
i’ve just bought an iphone 6 from musicmagpie and i’d really recommend the service!!
Original post by Glassapple
If you want to waste your money on a phone several models behind the current range then good for you. Android phones do everything iPhones can do except iTunes for which there are many good alternatives; if you're willing to spend hundreds of pounds because you can't be bothered to change from iTunes then that's your own (incredibly stupid) problem.

i care less about the actual software and more about the feel of the phone and my familiarity with it which is basically the whole reason I've stuck with the iPhone (and other apple products). I have yet to find an android phone where I like the design and the aesthetics of the phone (tbh I find them all to be really ugly but thats just my opinion) so I don't want to waste my money on something I know i wouldn't be fully happy with. We just have different priorities.
Reply 6
hello, did you buy an iPhone off either cex or music magpie, im looking to do the same and wondering how youd review it

Quick Reply

Latest