Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Is anyone taking A2 Latin this year?
    If so, does anybody have any tips for the 20 mark essay question in the Verse Literature paper?

Specifically tips on:
    - Structuring the essay
    - How to CAREFULLY pick a wide range of relevant points from the whole text

Any feedback from anyone who has taken Latin to A2 previously or is currently taking it would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'd love tips on this and the 15 markers (aaahahhhh!)

For the 20 mark ones theyre normally on a theme eg. war and peace in the aeneid, so I structure it in different ways this theme is presented like a paragraphy on the futility of war/ doomed youth, brustality of war, the role of fate, and the glory of war with an intro and conclusion. For each paragraph you need to put in a bunch of spicy quotes from important bits in the plot - including stuff in the section you're doing that you havent studied in latin

I've only just started work on the 20 markers but in the few ive done I've got above 15/20 and apparently I'm doing it right... annoying how little help there is online though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.