Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how the government teacher training bursaries work, it says you need a 2:1, but I wonder if this is just a bare minimum requirement and success is also dependent on what uni, work experience, etc., or if you just need a 2:1 in the right subject and that's all? My subject has the highest bursary as there is a real shortage of teachers- if that makes a difference? Thanks for any help!

Edit: probably should've put this in the Teaching forum...!

ReputationRep:
    As long as you have a place on a teacher training course and you have the required grade in the subject, you should get the bursary - you don't even need to apply!

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's great! So it's just a matter of securing a course. I'm also wondering if you or anyone else knows how long this scheme is likely to run for...? Since I'm currently only in my first year of undergrad so I'm hoping it won't end before I become eligible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boopityboop)
    Wow that's great! So it's just a matter of securing a course. I'm also wondering if you or anyone else knows how long this scheme is likely to run for...? Since I'm currently only in my first year of undergrad so I'm hoping it won't end before I become eligible!
    Yep! Ooh, I don't know about that! They do change them around a bit, I know that this year trainees for my subject are getting £1000 less than I'll get next year, but hopefully it won't change too drastically in the next two years! What's your subject?

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, I don't mind too much if it goes down a little (which I suppose it might if it attracts more people) I just hope it doesn't disappear completely! I'm studying Languages, so quite good teaching prospects I think. You?

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.