The Student Room Group

How do I move up a set?

I am trying to move up in Maths and English because I struggle in tests. Tests put pressure on me and then I can't focus. The standards in my set are to low and I achieve them all the time. My teachers realise but they don't do anything about it. I have tried doing some work from home, been focused in class and still they haven't noticed that I should be at a higher standard. This set is too easy. How do I get the teachers to allow me to move up a set?
have you asked? try speaking to your teachers, your head of year, your form tutor, often that is enough to get things moving. also if you can get your parents on board, get them to ask the school to move you that can work
Hi,

Moved this thread to the GCSE topic. Hopefully you get more answers from there x
Ask kiddo
Reply 4
Sometimes they might feel it’s not best to move you up, if you are feeling pressured in exams then they might feel by moving you up a set it will only increase that pressure because you feel you need to achieve even more in the exams in order to achieve like the best of the set above you currently. On the other hand, they may be hoping you will strive to do better in exams with the motivation of wanting to be moved up a set. You need to really learn to take any stress and anxiety you feel in the exam and control it (not get rid of it) but use it to push you on, remembering that you are only stressing because you want to perform well
Reply 5
Hi I’m having the same problem as I’m getting top grades in foundation like get the full marks on the paper.But they won’t simply move me up and they say they will but they don’t.You could simply email them as I did that for science and moved me up straight away or you can your parent to ring so they can about the situation.And prove your self that you can do the work and go quickly but understand what’s going on in the lesson.
Reply 6
Hi,
I know it's so annoying. I'm not very good at Science but Maths and English are my top subjects.
Thank you for your reply,
readingiso

Quick Reply

Latest