Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR statistics? Major procrastination watch

ReputationRep:
    So of course, I'm procrastinating while writing my dissertation, and I've found myself quite interested in some TSR statistics and not sure if anyone (mods maybe?) can answer these very random questions. They're not for anything specific, I'm just trying to avoid working on my dissertation :lol:

So, I was curious..

How many accounts have been created on TSR since it was founded (2001)? Is there any way to see the stats based by year?
    How many accounts are still active, i.e. how many of these accounts have been logged into in the past month?
    How old are people when they create their account? (mainly GCSE students or perhaps older?)
    How many accounts have been abandoned? (so maybe not logged into for a year+)

I'm not really expecting anyone to know this but just thought I'd make a thread anyway :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Many accounts, but there's only one legend. And that's me.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsk800)
    I can’t rep you but good god I would love to if I could 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getmeoffmyphone)
    I can’t rep you but good god I would love to if I could 😊
    Hahaha won't let me do that either. Suckksss how I can only rep infrequently, my g needs more love.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    So of course, I'm procrastinating while writing my dissertation, and I've found myself quite interested in some TSR statistics and not sure if anyone (mods maybe?) can answer these very random questions. They're not for anything specific, I'm just trying to avoid working on my dissertation :lol:

So, I was curious..

How many accounts have been created on TSR since it was founded (2001)? Is there any way to see the stats based by year?
    How many accounts are still active, i.e. how many of these accounts have been logged into in the past month?
    How old are people when they create their account? (mainly GCSE students or perhaps older?)

I'm not really expecting anyone to know this but just thought I'd make a thread anyway :rolleyes:
    You can find some stats here:http://tsrmatters.com/facts-and-figures/
    If we ask jenhasdreams or maybe Dez very nicely they might share with us some more stats :love:
    (I'm a complete stats nerd :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    Data from 2014. Those are rookie numbers, pump them up.
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    If we ask jenhasdreams or maybe Dez very nicely they might share with us some more stats :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)

stats need updating a bit, there are almost 3.8 million accounts now...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jsk800)
    :bored:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by euphrosyne)

So, I was curious..

a.) The most recent user to join as of 02:09 22/02/18 had user id 3801632. Every other user id number sequentially comes up as invalid. So if you half 3801632 you get 1900816 accounts roughly. By year would be jenhasdreams.

b.) jenhasdreams.

c.) From my observations, 16/17 is the most common. But there's people who joined TSR in there 50s, to people who joined at 11 or 12.

d.) Pretty much total minus your answer to b

ReputationRep:
    I believe the tsr office is floor 4 in the building it is located. It is under hays job agency that was a good day when I was astonished that they’d put the office in a *****y building in bton

ReputationRep:
    78% of TSR users achieved A*AA in there A levels a marked improvement overall the UK A level average,

67% applied to Oxbridge but dropped out due to not being challenged, academically and found a calling scaring people shitless about degree value from an instuition that isnt in the golden triangle

45% stated that AAB is diminishing to future career prospects

77% wanted a reformed Russell group, discluding Nottingham adding London met

thats all i can add currently.

Further critical analysis of snobbery inbound will run further analysis through a combination of HESA statistics and angst

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realitysreflexx)
    78% of TSR users achieved A*AA in there A levels a marked improvement overall the UK A level average,

67% applied to Oxbridge but dropped out due to not being challenged, academically and found a calling scaring people shitless about degree value from an instuition that isnt in the golden triangle

45% stated that AAB is diminishing to future career prospects

77% wanted a reformed Russell group, discluding Nottingham adding London met

thats all i can add currently.

Further critical analysis of snobbery inbound will run further analysis through a combination of HESA statistics and angst
    And about 100% will question your findings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    :bored:
    You know it

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.