The Student Room Group

My parents want me to marry my cousin

Scroll to see replies

remind them continuously that what they are doing is a sin and they are going against Islam, seen as they were using the religion talk with you.

drill it into their tiny brains that is they FORCE you they are committing a sin
Marry him then divorce him, set an example to your siblings. They can force you to marry but certainly can't force you to stay married.
You can't be forced to marry anyone against your will. Please please speak to someone at your school and the local council can stop your parents from doing anything to you.

Marrying very close relations is illegal for a reason- it can lead to birth defects, disabilities and a strong prevalence of genetic diseases.
Who do you trust the most?
Take some time out of your day to sit down with this person and talk to them about what you want and what your parents want nd if things do get really serious contact the police because it is your happiness is the most important aspect of this all being that is being put at stake.
Also confront your parents when your out in public around other people, to make your parents feel a bit weirded out by having people judge them bcs they want to have you married to your cousin.
Let them have a watch of this documentary, it may make them rethink.
https://youtu.be/9aAD0yJ3SdQ
What you're going through is very unfortunate, not to mention illegal. It's frustrating practises such as these happen in Britain.
Reply 25
realpy
Original post by MyG19
Don't move out and just try your best to persuade them. Try and say stuff like not yet. I'm Pakistani and my brother left the house and now I see him secretly after school sometimes for the past year. He regrets it but he's not coming back home

really the best thing to do is to try to persuade them somehow. marriage is not something to be arranged like this
Aight imma plan your wedding what we talking? Samosa's or pakoras Bakarkhani or Barfi. Listen from one partial paki to another just screw what your parents want you to do? You don't need to make em happy just give em a couple of packets of chicken stock and some ambala treats and they'll be right as rain.
they can't force you to do anything
Add me on snapchat girl you can talk to me im also pakistani... sxnxoa
ask your parents why and sit down with them? say maybe you'll find your own suitor in a few years when you are ready financially and in agood place. dont let the force you and emphasise how haram is it for them to pressure and even force you. That is so wrong . Just refuse and stick up for yourself and maybe let other relatives know.
Reply 30
I'd say become financially independent asap then get yourself and your sisters out of there
Original post by Trapz99
Lmao people are actually taking this troll seriously. "Meme161_"

It's sad because there are people who are actually going through this and trolls use it for their own entertainment.
if this is true im sorry to hear this, but im not surprised as they have a different culture and i believe this is very common in Pakistan.

Due to first cousins having children i believe there is also a higher risk for those children to be born with abnormalities! Im not surprised you dont want to marry your cousin!

Im not an expert but this is awful
and i hope you seek proper help as you see fit, i dont know if talking to your parents would help , or if you wished to get authorities involved !
I also thought that in Islam a female doesnt have to marry until she is mature enough?
Try and persuade them.. and why do they want you to marry your cousin? There are many more guys in the world?..
If nothing happens then report them and the final resolve, run away from home..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending