The Student Room Group

is there any point of studying if your becoming a housewife?

I’m currently doing my GCSE’s. but after I do my GCSEs I want to stop studying. I don’t see the point in studying if I’m going to become a Housewife/homemaker/stay-at-home mother etc. is there any point of studying if your becoming a housewife? Should I stop studying or should I continue? Or should I not even do my GCSEs at all?
Reply 1
If school is just not for u then quit, but if ur successful in education why not further it as it’s always good to have them in case when u no longer are a house wife and want to proceed to uptake a job u always can
Original post by Anonymous
I’m currently doing my GCSE’s. but after I do my GCSEs I want to stop studying. I don’t see the point in studying if I’m going to become a Housewife/homemaker/stay-at-home mother etc. is there any point of studying if your becoming a housewife? Should I stop studying or should I continue? Or should I not even do my GCSEs at all?

Why not study child development or similar? That will give you some qualifications that you could use to offer childcare for other children and make some extra cash.
Your education is free. Take it and reach your full potential. I will just remind you as a mother of 7 adult children that all four of my daughters have skilled jobs owing to the level of education they have achieved and they are all mothers.
Being a mother and housewife isn't just about cleaning/cooking and looking after a partner. You have to be able to have input into your children's lives educationally as well as the basics of care.
At your age I had no education and was very limited in how I could earn my living and I was very lucky that my children were bright and did very well at school.
You need to look at the bigger picture. Life plans don't always go the way you want them to. An education is for life and will stand you in good stead all of your life.
Being a housewife/mother and stay-at-home mum was great but I am only now at nearly 70 at uni in the final year of my degree but the missing thing in my life was having an education when I was your age.
Stay put and complete your education.
You have to be in some sort of education or training until you're 18. And what happens if you don't end up becoming a housewife and do have to find some sort of work?

Quick Reply

Latest