Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any way I can receive money anonymously? watch

ReputationRep:
    Other than crypto. So that the sender doesn't see my real name.

ReputationRep:
    Paypal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezisola)
    Paypal
    they see your name there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizardking987)
    they see your name there
    send it as an invoice
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How anonymous are we talking? Most money can be traced if someone is really interested in doing so. Additionally, it's often a breach of terms and conditions to falsify information so you might find that using PayPal with false details to hide your identity would be a breach of their terms and conditions.

The more interesting question is why does it have to be sent anonymously? You could get a plain envelope, put the cash inside and physically post it if you wanted, that'd be fairly difficult to trace back but also not likely worth the risk. Is there a reason you can't just send the money via normal means like PayPal or a bank transfer? If there's a reason or something specifc you are trying to hide it's easier to answer the question.

ReputationRep:
    I want to receive money from a person without them seeing my name on the transaction. I don't care if they could potentially find out with a lot of effort/expertise.

ReputationRep:
    Just create a throwaway Paypal account with dummy info.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I want to receive money from a person without them seeing my name on the transaction. I don't care if they could potentially find out with a lot of effort/expertise.
    So you're not actually trying to send the money then? You're trying to recieve it? That's quite simply then. Get them to send the money to a friend or family member (PayPal, bank transfer, etc.) and the can then forward it onto you. Sender never sees your name because they're not sending the money to you in the first place. Alternatively a quick Google search throws up plenty of services that offer anonymous money deposits. Of course whether it's worth the hassle instead of just giving your PayPal or bank details is debatable.

ReputationRep:
    OP is up to something really sketchy. :wink2: :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Gift cards such as amazon gift card.
    Cash in person.
    Crypto would be by far the easiest method but apparently you're not a fan.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a kidnapper or something??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0xFFFFail)
    Gift cards such as amazon gift card.
    Cash in person.
    Crypto would be by far the easiest method but apparently you're not a fan.
    I'm a big fan and would prefer crypto by far but most people I'd like to receive from likely don't have a clue on how to use BTC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    Are you a kidnapper or something??
    nah just G4P lul

Cryptocurrency is the best way.
    eg. Litecoin/Ethereum

Or alternatively, as said above, make another paypal with false information

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big fan and would prefer crypto by far but most people I'd like to receive from likely don't have a clue on how to use BTC
    Gift cards are the way to go then, recipient never sees your name and you can buy them digitally nowadays and forward the codes.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.