Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have severe social anxiety, depression and ocd that my doctor is aware about, he has offered me a sick note before but i refused to take it because i needed to work. but now i need a sick note but im too scared to ask, if he says no i dont know what i will do. i have an appointment tomorow and dont know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Heyoo,

I would literally just explain that to your doctor. That you thought you could handle it, and now you can't/you're going through a rough patch and need time to recover and get back on track. I'm sure if he is aware of it already, and you explain the situation to him, he will understand and write the sick note for you. You're allowed to change your mind.

(Original post by cyberheartkitten)
    i have severe social anxiety, depression and ocd that my doctor is aware about, he has offered me a sick note before but i refused to take it because i needed to work. but now i need a sick note but im too scared to ask, if he says no i dont know what i will do. i have an appointment tomorow and dont know what to do

ReputationRep:
    If he has offered one before, why wouldn't he offer one now? don't be afraid to ask, he's a doctor after all and it's his job to look after his patients. Besides, you'll never know unless you try!

ReputationRep:
    Screw up your courage, keep the appointment, explain the situation, and ask the question.
    Easier said than done I know, but if that's what you need to do...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Just ask. Given he is aware of your anxiety and he's offered you one before I doubt he'll have any issue with it.
    btw, you don't need a note for missing less than 7 days of work. Dunno why you need the note, but just so you know.
    https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1062.aspx?CategoryID=68
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Just ask. Given he is aware of your anxiety and he's offered you one before I doubt he'll have any issue with it.
    btw, you don't need a note for missing less than 7 days of work. Dunno why you need the note, but just so you know.
    https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1062.aspx?CategoryID=68
    i need the note even if its only the partial one because jobcentre wont believe that i have these conditions, and want me to apply for every job possible when theres things i just cant do
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    i need the note even if its only the partial one because jobcentre wont believe that i have these conditions, and want me to apply for every job possible when theres things i just cant do
    Ah. Yeah your GP shouldn't have any issues with it. All they need to do is say you have the thing you have and maybe a little mention of what that means for you. Just tell them you need evidence for the job centre. No big deal.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.