The Student Room Group

Student Finance Maintanence Household Income

So when you apply for student finance it asks will you either be living at home, living with parents in London, living with parents outside of London.

For my first year I lived in halls but second year I am moving in with my partner and her mum, so does that count as me ‘living at home’ even though I’m not actually at my house and not living with my parents, or does that count of ‘living away from home’???

Also, does that then mean that my household income will go off what my partner and her mum earn, or still off my parents?
Original post by rkpayne
So when you apply for student finance it asks will you either be living at home, living with parents in London, living with parents outside of London.

For my first year I lived in halls but second year I am moving in with my partner and her mum, so does that count as me ‘living at home’ even though I’m not actually at my house and not living with my parents, or does that count of ‘living away from home’???

Also, does that then mean that my household income will go off what my partner and her mum earn, or still off my parents?

Hi rkpayne,

It will depend on your circumstances as to how we would assess your application.can you clarify so information firstly?
Will you be over the age of 25 prior to the start of the academic year?
Who provided their income details for last years application?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi rkpayne,

It will depend on your circumstances as to how we would assess your application.can you clarify so information firstly?
Will you be over the age of 25 prior to the start of the academic year?
Who provided their income details for last years application?

Thanks

Louise

I will be under the age of 25 and my parents provided their household income last year.

Thank you.
Original post by rkpayne
I will be under the age of 25 and my parents provided their household income last year.

Thank you.

Hi rkpayne,

If you will be under 25 years old then we would still require your parents income details to assess your Student Finance application for this year.
In regards to where you would indicate that you would be living while at university it would be 'Elsewhere'.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest