Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Was hoping someone would be able to answer some/all of these questions.
    I’m currently waiting on UCAS offers and was sadly rejected by Oxford but after some consideration have thought about applying to Trinity? Finding the website a bit confusing so got a few questions:
    I want to take a gap year - is that possible there and would it be best to apply for (what would now be late) entry and ask them if I can defer or is it better to apply next year while I’m on my gap year?
    What’s accommodation like? Does the uni provide it or do I have to find it myself?
    Do I need experience in the course I want to study? Eg want to study psychology do I have to be doing a science at A Level?
    How well do I have to do in my A Levels?
    Do I write a personal statement for them or the equivalent of?
    Is late entry applicant any less likely to get in then normal time applicant?
    Thank you!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ball13)
    Hi,
    Was hoping someone would be able to answer some/all of these questions.
    I’m currently waiting on UCAS offers and was sadly rejected by Oxford but after some consideration have thought about applying to Trinity? Finding the website a bit confusing so got a few questions:
    I want to take a gap year - is that possible there and would it be best to apply for (what would now be late) entry and ask them if I can defer or is it better to apply next year while I’m on my gap year?
    What’s accommodation like? Does the uni provide it or do I have to find it myself?
    Do I need experience in the course I want to study? Eg want to study psychology do I have to be doing a science at A Level?
    How well do I have to do in my A Levels?
    Do I write a personal statement for them or the equivalent of?
    Is late entry applicant any less likely to get in then normal time applicant?
    Thank you!!!
    You can apply for late entry and defer as per the process here but why not take your gap year and then decide what you want to do. It doesn't look like there are specific requirements for psychology so you just need these grades. It doesn't look like there are specific PS or work experience requirements either. I can't imagine late applicants will get equal consideration.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.