Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'd really appreciate it if you would participate in my 7 question survey regarding lecturer strikes. It will become an article for my Journalism portfolio Thank you!
    1) Do you feel you should be refunded for the lectures you lecturer is striking for?
    2) What age are you?
    3) What is your name?
    4) Do you live on campus?
    5) How do you feel about the strikes?
    6) Where do you attend university?
    7) How many hours of lectures will you be missing because of strikes?

ReputationRep:
    1. Yes
    2. 20
    3. Andrew
    4. No
    5. Annoyed, because I am paying for an education and I want my money’s worth. Lectures being cancelled due to strikes isn’t getting my money’s worth. Plus in a leaflet the UCU is trying to encourage us to boycott lectures. Something that they really shouldn’t do
    6. QMUL
    7. Unsure as I don’t know if all lectures are on strike.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by hollyghammond)
    Hey guys I'd really appreciate it if you would participate in my 7 question survey regarding lecturer strikes. It will become an article for my Journalism portfolio Thank you!
    1) Do you feel you should be refunded for the lectures you lecturer is striking for?
    2) What age are you?
    3) What is your name?
    4) Do you live on campus?
    5) How do you feel about the strikes?
    6) Where do you attend university?
    7) How many hours of lectures will you be missing because of strikes?
    1) Refund? Not too bothered. Unless I'm going to get my refund in cold, hard cash (which won't happen) then this strike has little monetary impact on me in the long run, especially compared to the pensions cut the lecturers are facing. I also feel I get value for money anyway with the 24/7 labs and various other facilities. Then again, I'm doing a science so I suppose I have more contact hours than a humanities/arts student. Oh well, I didn't force them to pick that degree.

2) 19

3) Rather not say in a public forum, but you can call me John or whatever in your article.

4) There's no "on-campus" accommodation here.

5) University of Edinburgh.

6) Supportive.

7) Not sure.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1) Not really, I don't go to university for the lectures, I go there to learn and get a degree. Also any lectures not on due to strikes must be made up for later on.
    2) 22
    3) Rather not say
    4) No
    5) Don't really mind, you gotta do what you gotta do.
    6) University of Sheffield
    7) 0

ReputationRep:
    1) I think so, yeah
    2) 19
    3) Don't want to say
    4) Nope
    5) Pissed, I want to be supportive, but putting students in the middle is a bit irritating. I get it, though.
    6) UoM
    7) I don't know, some lecturers have told me, some haven't.

ReputationRep:
    1. Yes. I'm paying so much to go to university and I don't see what I'm getting for my money
    2. 19
    3. 'Danny'
    4. No
    5. I'm not happy with the strikes, since i have autism it's really important for me to know what's going on and follow the routine I'm used to, so I'm finding it difficult to manage my work whilst also managing the effects of the strike
    6. Reading
    7. They keep changing what's cancelled and what isn't so I don't even know

ReputationRep:
    1) No
    2) 21
    3)Would rather not say
    4)Annoyed as help has been taken away from me. We are in the middle of assignments. Missing the lectures we could of had means we can't start the second assignment. Or ask for help when we need it.
    6) Aberystwyth university.
    7) so far 2.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.