Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What should I say? (Someone help) watch

Announcements

So, my uncle is teasing me and he wont stop. So he keeps on bringing up marriage and its stressing me out. I'm like 17 years old. So I went and watched the Black panther last week and my Uncle like, "So, I've found an African tribe and you will then ask for your hand, choose wisely?"
    I'm getting so upset, he even sent this on our family wattsap group, he also sent pics of different tribes.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what your relationship with him is like but I would just ask him if you can have a word with him in private and look him dead in the eye and say "I have absolutely no interest in getting married at this age. I would much rather focus on my (education/career/whatever). Even if I did want to get married I'd want to do it off my own back. I'd really appreciate if you stopped putting pressure on me." Be DIRECT. Don't take no for an answer. if this fails, ask your parents to have a word with him.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    are you marrying your uncle?

ReputationRep:
    Mate i feel for you.. if your being forced you need to get professional help. Try talking to him and saying you dont want an arrange marriage.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So, my uncle is teasing me and he wont stop. So he keeps on bringing up marriage and its stressing me out. I'm like 17 years old. So I went and watched the Black panther last week and my Uncle like, "So, I've found an African tribe and you will then ask for your hand, choose wisely?"
    I'm getting so upset, he even sent this on our family wattsap group, he also sent pics of different tribes.
    Where do you live?

So my uncle's one of them, one he starts he doesn't stop. its not like I am going to get married at this age but he's putting me off getting married in the future. He wont stop bugging me, plus what makes my situation worse it that he puts it on my family group chat. if he put it just between us as a joke, ok. but he didn't instead, he puts it on the family chat where nearly all my cousins and family can see.

(Original post by pendentivejoshua)
    Where do you live?
    In the UK?

[QUOTE=pendentivejoshua;76219696] but I would just ask him if you can have a word with him in private and look him dead in the eye and say "I have absolutely no interest in getting married at this age.

So the thing is, if it was just between us it will be fine, but since he brought my family into it, makes it so worse. plus, its so frustrating. so I don't think having a private conversation would make a difference. but I will take you advice and have the conversation.

(Original post by james ionicbond)
    are you marrying your uncle?
    NO

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.