Turn on thread page Beta

Do I like him and does he like me? watch

So there's this guy (we'll call him Noah) and we were like BEST of friends and all our mates keep telling us that we love each other but won't admit it and I only like Noah in a sibling way.

Noah kept shutting me off but adding me back again, basically messing with my head. He'd be like "I'm going to leave you out of love and care" and then add me back on snapchat 2 days later like "I missed talking to you" and it would happened repeatedly. He also thought that he was going to lose me one day and then he was like "When I saw you in the morning I was like oh shiiiiiiiitttt you looked fiaaaaa your ex is missing out on a fortune" and then he was like "I love you in a friend way" I don't think he likes me like our mates say at all and I don't think I like him at all either. I keep letting him in everytime with open arms and I keep thinking that he's going to keep coming back but recently he's been really rude to me and I don't understand why. He is the only person I want to be friends with because he is SUCH a great friend and I keep letting him in and everytime he does hes in a different mood but he's mostly annoyed and me and his best friend talked about his mood swings and his best friend was saying that he's extremely arrogant. I keep missing Noah and our crazy chats and I just want us to stay friends forever and i've never left him its always been him and he acts different every time he comes running back.

I really don't know what to do?

Do you think I like him and he likes me?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there's this guy (we'll call him Noah) and we were like BEST of friends and all our mates keep telling us that we love each other but won't admit it and I only like Noah in a sibling way.

Noah kept shutting me off but adding me back again, basically messing with my head. He'd be like "I'm going to leave you out of love and care" and then add me back on snapchat 2 days later like "I missed talking to you" and it would happened repeatedly. He also thought that he was going to lose me one day and then he was like "When I saw you in the morning I was like oh shiiiiiiiitttt you looked fiaaaaa your ex is missing out on a fortune" and then he was like "I love you in a friend way" I don't think he likes me like our mates say at all and I don't think I like him at all either. I keep letting him in everytime with open arms and I keep thinking that he's going to keep coming back but recently he's been really rude to me and I don't understand why. He is the only person I want to be friends with because he is SUCH a great friend and I keep letting him in and everytime he does hes in a different mood but he's mostly annoyed and me and his best friend talked about his mood swings and his best friend was saying that he's extremely arrogant. I keep missing Noah and our crazy chats and I just want us to stay friends forever and i've never left him its always been him and he acts different every time he comes running back.

I really don't know what to do?

Do you think I like him and he likes me?
    It sounds like you probably don't like him. I mean, you've said so yourself. You've said you see him more like a sibling and talk about what a fantastic friend he is. I have no idea whether he likes you or not, but right now he's not being a very good friend to you. Don't keep putting up with it. Talk to him about it, let him know that you really enjoy his company and you've had some really great times together but how he's been treating you more recently isn't okay and needs to change if you want to continue being friends

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    It sounds like you probably don't like him. I mean, you've said so yourself. You've said you see him more like a sibling and talk about what a fantastic friend he is. I have no idea whether he likes you or not, but right now he's not being a very good friend to you. Don't keep putting up with it. Talk to him about it, let him know that you really enjoy his company and you've had some really great times together but how he's been treating you more recently isn't okay and needs to change if you want to continue being friends
    I really want to talk to him about that, because the other day I was thinking about what I could say and to be honest, I haven't really spoken or thought about how I am feeling in this situation to him. I totally would speak to him but I don't know how without him getting mad or other people crowding around us or other people getting involved.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really want to talk to him about that, because the other day I was thinking about what I could say and to be honest, I haven't really spoken or thought about how I am feeling in this situation to him. I totally would speak to him but I don't know how without him getting mad or other people crowding around us or other people getting involved.
    Yeah, it's really important that you think about yourself too. It's so easy to think about how to make things better with/for him, but you're just as important. I know it's not always the best way to go about things, but if you don't think it'll go well in person then perhaps send him a message. That way you can really think through what you want to say, say it, and there won't be anyone else around to involve themselves

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Yeah, it's really important that you think about yourself too. It's so easy to think about how to make things better with/for him, but you're just as important. I know it's not always the best way to go about things, but if you don't think it'll go well in person then perhaps send him a message. That way you can really think through what you want to say, say it, and there won't be anyone else around to involve themselves
    I would also do that too but...

1. He got his phone taken off him.

2. ...not only that but because of me as well.

3. He has these really weird mood-swings and it really depends on what time I actually message him..

I've thought a lot about thinking about me and then I think about him and I still want to be friends even though he has caused me SO MUCH pain and tears and then I don't know what to do. There have been these times with him when I never know what to say or do and I just wish someone else could just tell me what to do but nobody ever knew what to say. I would ask my older brother and he would just say leave it for two weeks yet Noah would start talking to me again and I would forget about what my brother said, and then my sis would say that she doesn't know and be like "Hang in there" and then i'd be stuck with no one to go to and I wouldn't know what to do and I couldn't run away from it. Damn fml.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.