The Student Room Group

Support for gun control in US hits record high

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/poll-support-gun-control-hits-record-high-n849686

66% of people surveyed support tighter restrictions on gun purchases and 67% support a ban on assault weapons, such as the AR-15 used by Nikolas Cruz in the high school shooting in Parkland, Florida last week.
Original post by Trapz99
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/poll-support-gun-control-hits-record-high-n849686

66% of people surveyed support tighter restrictions on gun purchases and 67% support a ban on assault weapons, such as the AR-15 used by Nikolas Cruz in the high school shooting in Parkland, Florida last week.

Still nothing that will make a difference will happen.

If there were a ban on the AR 15 they could easily make it apply to future sales leaving the many thousands still in circulation. in any event rifles are only a small % of guns.

They are going to ban bump stocks, but its s easy to make it so the law has no real effect. This is what they will do. Situation would need to get 25x worse before they did anything an even then they wont.
A sample of 1,249 people shows what 327,000,000 people think about gun control.

It is sick that these people, conducting these surveys and writing about them, actually manage to get paid at the end of every month. Stealing a living.
Yeah, so what?

It's not like one survey is enough to get the US politicians to change something as big as the Constitution Of Rights. It just isn't that simple.

Edit:- Yeah it's stupid but guns are so integrated in the US so placing restriction/banning is not just something one can do over night.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Notoriety

It is sick that these people, conducting these surveys and writing about them, actually manage to get paid at the end of every month. Stealing a living.

Exactly. Correlation is not congregation. Statistics is just a bunch of whack.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Exactly. Correlation is not congregation. Statistics is just a bunch of whack.

Real knee slapper there, bud.
The funny thing about it is that rifles kill VERY few people, even the fabled "assault rifles" that next to nobody has. Support of simple reforms has been high for a very long time, always spikes after a mass shooting it's just for some reason the legislators never do anything that actually helps.
Reply 7

2.77% margin of error with that sample size assuming random polling.

There have been several surveys on this topic over the years and they clearly show a majority of US citizens support gun control in some way shape or form.
Original post by Dez
2.77% margin of error with that sample size assuming random polling.

There have been several surveys on this topic over the years and they clearly show a majority of US citizens support gun control in some way shape or form.

I have already made my point. To state you disagree is unimportant.
Reply 9
I have already made my point. To state you disagree is unimportant.

Well congratulations, I think this is the most narcissistic post I've read today. :shifty:
Ok
(edited 6 years ago)
I don’t like them putting chemicals in the water that turn the frickin frogs gay

Quick Reply

Latest