Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 15.This may sound strange, but I don't know who I am as a person? All I know is from a very young age (around 8), I've always pretended to be other people, whether it be my friends, characters from movies. So for example, if I like a character from a movie, lets say Katniss. I'll envision myself as Katniss, I'll have her face in my head and I'll act like her, I'll speak like her. Make the same facial expressions, mannerisms, tones. I've realized I do this with a lot of people, I just act like some one else. Its so strange that even just after watching a film, and a character I just happen to like, I'll just envision myself as as the character straight after the film. There hasn't been one day where I haven't envisioned myself as someone else, or pictured their face in my mind. I thought maybe I'm insecure with who I am, so I pretend to be other people. However,I genuinely don't know who I am because I pretend to be other people. it can switch throughout the day, lets say on Monday, at 7pm-10pm I was Katniss. 8pm-9pm I'm the Joker. So my sister says I'm weird cause I have multiple ''personalities'' cause I'm acting as different people. Am i the only one who does this? How do I stop?

Everyone is just a puzzle made out of pieces from those around them, they take bits they like, and they fit them together; subconsciously or consciously.

However, if you’re losing your sense of self whilst acting as these characters, then it might be something significantly deeper than just copying Katniss’ mannerisms.

I’m a bit confused about you saying “you don’t know who you are”, you must have bits about you that are different, do you mean you take on the thoughts and ideologies of these people too; that sounds dangerous if so.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Everything, I guess that includes thoughts as well. I'll completely submerge myself into the character.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know what advice to give you but here's a bump to increase the likelihood of this being seen by others.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.