Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to do a psychology degree at Nottingham Trent University. I've never done psychology before, both at A-Level and GCSE. I just wanted a little more information on how the course is from people who have studied it, or currently studying it. Also what's your timetable like?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Sadiyah24)
    I'm looking to do a psychology degree at Nottingham Trent University. I've never done psychology before, both at A-Level and GCSE. I just wanted a little more information on how the course is from people who have studied it, or currently studying it. Also what's your timetable like?
    Hey Sadiyah24

Great to hear that you are considering NTU as one of your options. My housemate from last year studies Psychology and I asked her to give an insight into the course:

"With over 60 staff members, who vary in different research areas, are always happy to inform students about their interests and help them further engage and understand with the modules and their content. The labs are great, with loads of up to date technology which is being used for loads of different research! The course offers a wide breadth of knowledge across psychology, and further allows you to select a pathway of your own interest (e.g. Mental health, educational, forensic) "

We also had a Psychology Q&A where some of the academics answered questions about the course which you might find useful to have a look at

In terms of timetables, it changes each year but my housemate in her first and second year had between 12-18 hours per week.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
    Hey Sadiyah24

Great to hear that you are considering NTU as one of your options. My housemate from last year studies Psychology and I asked her to give an insight into the course:

"With over 60 staff members, who vary in different research areas, are always happy to inform students about their interests and help them further engage and understand with the modules and their content. The labs are great, with loads of up to date technology which is being used for loads of different research! The course offers a wide breadth of knowledge across psychology, and further allows you to select a pathway of your own interest (e.g. Mental health, educational, forensic) "

We also had a Psychology Q&A where some of the academics answered questions about the course which you might find useful to have a look at

In terms of timetables, it changes each year but my housemate in her first and second year had between 12-18 hours per week.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Chris
    Hi, my predicted grades are quite low but I was wondering if I could still be made an offer with a BCC. I've really researched into the course and I am very determined to do Psychology at NTU.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Sadiyah24)
    Hi, my predicted grades are quite low but I was wondering if I could still be made an offer with a BCC. I've really researched into the course and I am very determined to do Psychology at NTU.
    Hi Sadiyah,

If you give our admissions team an email at [email protected], they'll be able to advise you on whether or not it may be possible to give you an offer. It will all depend on how mayn applicants there have been for the course as well as their predicted grades

Chris

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.