Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My GCSEs start in (something like) 10 weeks and I can't make myself revise. Every time I try I'll do about five minutes before feeling sleepy and unmotivated, at which point I usually give up. Most of the time I don't start at all. I don't k ow if I need to find new revision techniques or just find a way to knuckle down. Any ideas? Any help will be much appreciated!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dead_Inside)
    My GCSEs start in (something like) 10 weeks and I can't make myself revise. Every time I try I'll do about five minutes before feeling sleepy and unmotivated, at which point I usually give up. Most of the time I don't start at all. I don't k ow if I need to find new revision techniques or just find a way to knuckle down. Any ideas? Any help will be much appreciated!
    It's called not giving a ****. If you really want to get good grades, perhaps remind yourself why you want to. Remind yourself the potential situation you may find yourself in if you don't get the grades you want. Don't bother with all the fancy **** people suggest. Revision is revision. Read through and understand your textbook/excercise book and do practice questions. That's all there is to it.

ReputationRep:
    I’m the same and I’m in year 13 so I’d love some help with revising too 🙃🙃🙃😞😞😞😞

ReputationRep:
    For me, I start in small increments to ease into a subject like have a quick overview of what I want to get done in my revision session and then start with the hardest topics and make my way down to the easiest topics so I'm not burnt out. If you find yourself sleepy or bored, which I always used to be, I now just go into a room with a lot of sunlight, a cup of tea and have healthy snacks that just seemed to help me focussed on work, healthy food always makes me feel productive. Blueberries are supposed to be great during exam time.

Try picking out a topic you find difficult tomorrow and maybe watch a video on it, then go through the textbook and try writing flashcards or pull out a blank piece of paper and write out everything you can recall from memory without looking at the textbook, and then fill in anything you missed out and then take a small break and repeat with another topic.

Past papers are key.

You should also put your phone away during your revision time. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurani61105)
    For me, I start in small increments to ease into a subject like have a quick overview of what I want to get done in my revision session and then start with the hardest topics and make my way down to the easiest topics so I'm not burnt out. If you find yourself sleepy or bored, which I always used to be, I now just go into a room with a lot of sunlight, a cup of tea and have healthy snacks that just seemed to help me focussed on work, healthy food always makes me feel productive. Blueberries are supposed to be great during exam time.

Try picking out a topic you find difficult tomorrow and maybe watch a video on it, then go through the textbook and try writing flashcards or pull out a blank piece of paper and write out everything you can recall from memory without looking at the textbook, and then fill in anything you missed out and then take a small break and repeat with another topic.

Past papers are key.

You should also put your phone away during your revision time. Good luck!
    Thank you. I will try the writing from memory thing tomorrow ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dead_Inside)
    Thank you. I will try the writing from memory thing tomorrow ☺
    Yeah, it really helped me in almost every subject especially the memory heavy ones, more effective and less time consuming than any of the pretty posters or mindmaps I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbleygum)
    I’m the same and I’m in year 13 so I’d love some help with revising too 🙃🙃🙃😞😞😞😞
    I’m exactly the same as you... even though people keep saying “you’ve only got three months” I just can’t knuckle down and get any revision done

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.