Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Claire848)
    I had studied in South Korea for 16 years until last year. Then I thought I want to study english more and apply for psychology in Britain or Germany. So I decided to come to Britain and I'm currently studying AS(Bio Maths Psy) in Britain. However, since I don't have grades of GCSEs, I just wonder if it's available for me to apply to unis such as UCL or Imperial or some German unis. Can Korean middle school and 1st year of high school(y10 but still has similar syllabus of GCSEs) grades be equivalent to GCSE grades? Or does anyone came from different countries to apply unis in the UK?
    For any unis you will need to prove you have a certain standard of English. This differs for each uni, but they can require you to prove by taking a test such as IELTS for UK Vi or they may accept certain English qualifications.

    You can find this information on the uni website.

    UCL may accept you having studied here for 18 months to be enough.




University open days

  • University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.