Turn on thread page Beta

In love with a married man watch

Announcements

Im 22years old and have been in a relationship for two years. Well i though i was in one. This guy is the guy everyone wants well thats what i think.. it all started when i met him on a dating website we clicked straight away and eventually started talking every night. We then started meeting bearing in mind he lives 1 and a half hour away. At the start he told me that he alrdly uses his phone and thats why he never replies and hardly calls but i was always suspicious. One day i happen to bump into his neighbour d he told me the guy im in a relationship with is married and has two kids. I was quite shocked so i asked my bf if this is true and he laughed it off and told me to atop being an idiot. After a couple of months one of his other mates spoke to me and told me his the local man **** and is married with two kids. My heart is shreaded into pieces and i cannot get over him. Even though his a married man i still want him. Give me some advice. X
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    "You can't always get what you want".

Mick Jagger.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    This makes no sense. You started meeting guys on dating sites while you had a boyfriend? The guy who you met happened to be married with kids, then you asked your boyfriend about the guy you were seeing on the side?

It's unlikely he will ditch his family for you but then again, it goes to show the kind of guy who would do that behind his wife's back. You'd probably be treated the same anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Wow just grow up

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    epic shitposts on this sub forum tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    This makes no sense. You started meeting guys on dating sites while you had a boyfriend? The guy who you met happened to be married with kids, then you asked your boyfriend about the guy you were seeing on the side?

It's unlikely he will ditch his family for you but then again, it goes to show the kind of guy who would do that behind his wife's back. You'd probably be treated the same anyway.
    It made perfect sense to me.

She did not have a boyfriend when she met a man online. He became her boyfriend There were red flags that he was married. She was told that this man was married with 2 children. She confronted her boyfriend and he lied convincingly about it. Another person then confirmed that yes, her boyfriend, really is married.

Does that clarify it for you?

It's like an episode of Jeremy Kyle. Except without the swearing. And the OP may not be clinically obese.

If I were in the OP's position I'd feel obliged to let his wife know about this 2 year long affair. From an ethical point of view, misconduct should always be reported to the "authorities" or "management" (IE in this case his wife)

(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)

She did not have a boyfriend when she met a man online. He became her boyfriend There were red flags that he was married. She was told that this man was married with 2 children. She confronted her boyfriend and he lied convincingly about it. Another person then confirmed that yes, her boyfriend, really is married.

It's like an episode of Jeremy Kyle. Except without the swearing. And the OP may not be clinically obese.

If I were in the OP's position I'd feel obliged to let his wife know about this 2 year long affair. From an ethical point of view, misconduct should always be reported to the "authorities" or "management" (IE in this case his wife)
    I cant tell his wife, i cant do it. I love the man and it will ruin him and he will probably ruin me too.

ReputationRep:
    You need to stay away from him. I'm sorry this has happened to you but he's treated you so badly, kept up this charade for so long and lied to your face when he's been confronted with the truth. He's using you as a bit on the side and that's all you'll ever be.

The problem is i cannot get him out of my head. He will message me and then open my message and blank me idk what his problem is.

ReputationRep:
    His problems are that:

He wants his cake and to eat it
    He lies whenever it suits him in the short term - regardless of the longer term consequences to him and the people around him
    He'd rather be out dipping his wick than telling his children bedtime stories and tucking them in
    He lacks the courage to divorce his wife
    He doesn't have a good track record in picking the right person to marry...

..but hey, nobody's perfect. He must have some redeeming features?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im 22years old and have been in a relationship for two years. Well i though i was in one. This guy is the guy everyone wants well thats what i think.. it all started when i met him on a dating website we clicked straight away and eventually started talking every night. We then started meeting bearing in mind he lives 1 and a half hour away. At the start he told me that he alrdly uses his phone and thats why he never replies and hardly calls but i was always suspicious. One day i happen to bump into his neighbour d he told me the guy im in a relationship with is married and has two kids. I was quite shocked so i asked my bf if this is true and he laughed it off and told me to atop being an idiot. After a couple of months one of his other mates spoke to me and told me his the local man **** and is married with two kids. My heart is shreaded into pieces and i cannot get over him. Even though his a married man i still want him. Give me some advice. X
    He is trash.... anyways honestly the man is married you should stay away from him, you deserve better than a man who is in a whole marriage with children and out here acting like he left his damn morals in the trash. I dont know bout you but where i am from marriage is scared. There are plenty more fish in the sea, find you a man who has not put a ring on another woman finger.

ReputationRep:

Nah. Not enough plot twists for Jezza. Someone has to have an STD. Then it's Jez status.

I should go on there. I've a lot of unfinished business and unresolved issues with loads of peeps lol.

ReputationRep:
    Don't mess with married people. You could really ruin their relationship :\

ReputationRep:
    one day you will be in the same position like his wife now!

ReputationRep:
    "You can't always get what you want".

Mick Jagger.
    ......"Be careful what you wish for you just might get it!"

>OP - you know you need to get away from this guy (man). He is absolutely NO GOOD!! Let's pretend he did leave his wife and kids for you. You know he'll turn around and do the exact same thing only you'll be the one he's cheating on. Tbh, he's probably already cheating on you and probably has multiple girls he strings along all at one time. That would not be surprising at all.

I know you're having a hard time moving on but this story is not going to have a Happy Ending so best leave it and move on. Learn the lessons being taught here - watch for red flags and trust your gut when it doesn't seem right. You didn't really know this guy at all - because he played a good game. Please do yourself a favor and treat yourself with the respect he didn't give to you (or his wife and family) and move on and leave him long behind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Behave! And put him back under the stone where you found him. He is bad news. Move on and find yourself someone who will treat you right. Once you find the courage to make the break, things will get easier. I have granddaughters your age and one of them was in your position. She has got over it and moved on and you will too in time.

(Original post by Seamus123)
    Behave! And put him back under the stone where you found him. He is bad news. Move on and find yourself someone who will treat you right. Once you find the courage to make the break, things will get easier. I have granddaughters your age and one of them was in your position. She has got over it and moved on and you will too in time.
    Good advise but the problem is its easier said then done. Its hard to get over someone who you absolutely love.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really love him as he is?

Or do you love the fictitious man that he created with his lies and deceptions. If he's lied all these years about his wife and children, what else has he lied or kept hidden from you?

Loving this man with all his flaws is one thing. Loving the image of this man that's been falsely created in your head through his lies and secrets is another.

OP, you deserve a man who has all of your married boyfriend's good points as well as having the good point of being basically honest with you, because he has nothing he wants to hide from you. Finding such a man will not be easy, but the process of finding him should be enjoyable enough. And you will find him, sooner or later if you really set your mind to it.

ReputationRep:
    there is nothing wrong with cheating.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.