Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had an essay due **BY** 12pm as it was mentioned in the course handbook. I submitted my essay 40 seconds late now I have incur lateness penalties. It wouldn't have made any difference if was later by a day or one second. I would still incur the same lateness penalties as before. I was just under the impression that I had 12 pm as well. If we go by the minute, by 12 pm should include 12:00:00 to 12:00:59. I am not being pretentious here. I am now pretending that I know **** and all. I'm just a non-native speaker and I'm genuinely confused. Just in terms of wording, who is right? Can I appeal?
    P.S. there no mercy and negotiation and begging at uni as you know so I should either officially appeal or let it slide.

ReputationRep:
    By 12pm most likely means up to 12:00:00
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrotskyiteRebel)
    I had an essay due **BY** 12pm as it was mentioned in the course handbook. I submitted my essay 40 seconds late now I have incur lateness penalties. It wouldn't have made any difference if was later by a day or one second. I would still incur the same lateness penalties as before. I was just under the impression that I had 12 pm as well. If we go by the minute, by 12 pm should include 12:00:00 to 12:00:59. I am not being pretentious here. I am now pretending that I know **** and all. I'm just a non-native speaker and I'm genuinely confused. Just in terms of wording, who is right? Can I appeal?
    P.S. there no mercy and negotiation and begging at uni as you know so I should either officially appeal or let it slide.
    No. You are not correct. 12PM = 12:00:00 . By 12PM means any time up to and including 12PM. Which is up to and including 12:00:00. What is your native language, where by 12PM includes a whole minute (arbitraily) after 12PM.

Just be a big boy and admit that you left your essay too late and it ended up being submitted late because of your decisions.

You obviously can appeal. And that appeal would be instantly denied, if indeed you were 40 seconds late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StayWoke)
    No. You are not correct. 12PM = 12:00:00 . By 12PM means any time up to and including 12PM. Which is up to and including 12:00:00. What is your native language, where by 12PM includes a whole minute (arbitraily) after 12PM.

Just be a big boy and admit that you left your essay too late and it ended up being submitted late because of your decisions.

You obviously can appeal. And that appeal would be instantly denied, if indeed you were 40 seconds late.
    damn it I wasn't taking the high ground. I guess you are right and it's only fair to other students. I shouldve just worked on my essay longer and submitted it the next day then.

ReputationRep:
    Why were you submitting it at the last possible second? It should always be done over a day in advance.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    Why were you submitting it at the last possible second? It should always be done over a day in advance.
    Because I suck

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.