Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heyy,
    I'm hopefully applying for accommodation soon, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me their experiences of/knowledge about Greenow & Mccombie halls and Bridges and also Wessex Halls?
    Thank youu
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Abi Manning)
    Heyy,
    I'm hopefully applying for accommodation soon, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me their experiences of/knowledge about Greenow & Mccombie halls and Bridges and also Wessex Halls?
    Thank youu
    Hi Abi - I think we've answered all your questions on other threads, but let us know if there are any more!

Alice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    Hi Abi - I think we've answered all your questions on other threads, but let us know if there are any more!

Alice
    ahh yeah, sorry my bad, I am new to the student room lmao

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I was wondering which you chose in the end, or what order you put your accommodation?

Heyy,
    Thank youu

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Is it true that are going to be international and mature students in McCombie and Greenow?

Alice
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SB2424)
    Hi,

Is it true that are going to be international and mature students in McCombie and Greenow?
    Hi,

To break this into two parts, when applying for accommodation there is no difference for those who are applying internationally or those nationally meaning that there could (and very well likely to) be international students living in McCombie & Greennow, as its anyone can choose to live anywhere!
    On the other hand, mature students do have additional options as outlined on our accommodation site, which provide different facilities!
    https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-s...mmodation.aspx

I hope this answers your question, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions

Tom
    Third Year Psychology and Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thank you! Also is the bridges halls only for postgraduates for premium en-suite rooms?

Hi,

To break this into two parts, when applying for accommodation there is no difference for those who are applying internationally or those nationally meaning that there could (and very well likely to) be international students living in McCombie & Greennow, as its anyone can choose to live anywhere!
    On the other hand, mature students do have additional options as outlined on our accommodation site, which provide different facilities!
    https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-s...mmodation.aspx

I hope this answers your question, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions

Tom
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

Thank you! Also is the bridges halls only for postgraduates for premium en-suite rooms?
    Hi,

At this time, I do not believe that the premium en-suite rooms are only for postgraduates, however I will confirm this with our accommodation representative.

Tom

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Hi,

At this time, I do not believe that the premium en-suite rooms are only for postgraduates, however I will confirm this with our accommodation representative.

Tom
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

Hi,

Speaking with our accomdation team, the contract length on these rooms are 51-weeks meaning that they are often preferred by postgrads as these contract cannot be shorted. However there is no designation of halls between Undergrad and Postgrad.

I hope this all makes sense
    Please let us know if you have any more questions

Tom

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Hi,

Speaking with our accomdation team, the contract length on these rooms are 51-weeks meaning that they are often preferred by postgrads as these contract cannot be shorted. However there is no designation of halls between Undergrad and Postgrad.

I hope this all makes sense
    Please let us know if you have any more questions

Tom

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I was wondering which you chose in the end, or what order you put your accommodation?
    I chose Wessex in the end, seemed like a better atmosphere & community, also it’s cheaoest and it’s what I could afford lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, okay that's cool

I chose Wessex in the end, seemed like a better atmosphere & community, also it’s cheaoest and it’s what I could afford lol

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.