Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve felt like this for a while now and whilst I’ve always thought realised that I shouldn’t feel like this all of the time, I’m starting to realise how much it’s affecting me. I just constantly feel sad. I hold back tears most days and i just have to let them out when I’m in the shower. I have 1 friend that I’ve been friends with for a few weeks but she’s too good for me and im worried she just feels sorry for me or she’s just sticking with me because she thinks that I’ve got some money. But then I think to myself would she really spend 6 hours of the school day and some time afterwards with me just because she thinks I got a bit of money?She does seem genuine and we used to be friends in primary school I just don’t understand why she would want to be friends with me when she had better friends.
    I have no one to talk to. I don’t want to talk to my mam or sisters and I’m terrified of going to see the doctor. Is there anything I can do to work on myself without help? I’m just fed up of having to fake a smile and pretend that everything is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I have depression and well I conceal it as well but try not to over think about friendships I did the same I over though, created them to be some type of criminal within my own mind and then things fell apart all because I didn’t want to allow myself to believe that there are some good people with good qualities in life, it’s good to take caution about those who you hang around with but don’t push ur self into a comer because of it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdum)
    I have depression and well I conceal it as well but try not to over think about friendships I did the same I over though, created them to be some type of criminal within my own mind and then things fell apart all because I didn’t want to allow myself to believe that there are some good people with good qualities in life, it’s good to take caution about those who you hang around with but don’t push ur self into a comer because of it
    I think she’s quite a good friend but it’s just so hard to trust people. Someone who I thought was my friend completely ****ed me up and I can’t trust anyone anymore because it’s going to happen again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meg846)
    I’ve felt like this for a while now and whilst I’ve always thought realised that I shouldn’t feel like this all of the time, I’m starting to realise how much it’s affecting me. I just constantly feel sad. I hold back tears most days and i just have to let them out when I’m in the shower. I have 1 friend that I’ve been friends with for a few weeks but she’s too good for me and im worried she just feels sorry for me or she’s just sticking with me because she thinks that I’ve got some money. But then I think to myself would she really spend 6 hours of the school day and some time afterwards with me just because she thinks I got a bit of money?She does seem genuine and we used to be friends in primary school I just don’t understand why she would want to be friends with me when she had better friends.
    I have no one to talk to. I don’t want to talk to my mam or sisters and I’m terrified of going to see the doctor. Is there anything I can do to work on myself without help? I’m just fed up of having to fake a smile and pretend that everything is fine.
    Friendships and relationships can be tough going. But the bottom line is that without them, we have no chance of being happy. Isolating yourself from others is one of the best ways of guaranteeing that you will experience depression.

That doesn't mean that every relationship you have is going to help you, only that if you aren't happy, you shouldn't isolate yourself, but instead, look for other ways of interacting with (other) people. It doesn't have to be a deep, meaningful relationship, just chatting to a neighbour or the woman in the corner shop is better than nothing.

Other things to do every day; do some physical activity every day (walk, run, dance, swim, anything): set some small goal to work towards every day (do a drawing, send a birthday card, reorganise your room, anything): do something nice for someone else (say hello to the old lady next door, help with a household chore, volunteer in a charity, anything): try some mindfulness activities (lots on the web)

These are all things that research shows help with low mood. But above all, do talk to someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFossil)
    Friendships and relationships can be tough going. But the bottom line is that without them, we have no chance of being happy. Isolating yourself from others is one of the best ways of guaranteeing that you will experience depression.

That doesn't mean that every relationship you have is going to help you, only that if you aren't happy, you shouldn't isolate yourself, but instead, look for other ways of interacting with (other) people. It doesn't have to be a deep, meaningful relationship, just chatting to a neighbour or the woman in the corner shop is better than nothing.

Other things to do every day; do some physical activity every day (walk, run, dance, swim, anything): set some small goal to work towards every day (do a drawing, send a birthday card, reorganise your room, anything): do something nice for someone else (say hello to the old lady next door, help with a household chore, volunteer in a charity, anything): try some mindfulness activities (lots on the web)

These are all things that research shows help with low mood. But above all, do talk to someone.
    I’m scared that anyone that j think is my friend is going to let me down. I go to the gym 3 times a week and I walk my dog everyday. I did have my horse but I’ve just had to sell her. I love being outside I just don’t like seeing people whilst I’m out. Thanks for your advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meg846)
    I’m scared that anyone that j think is my friend is going to let me down. I go to the gym 3 times a week and I walk my dog everyday. I did have my horse but I’ve just had to sell her. I love being outside I just don’t like seeing people whilst I’m out. Thanks for your advice
    The hard truth is that people will let you down sometimes. You might get some especially bad luck, but that's not a reflection on you; it happens to everyone. Keep making small efforts and slowly build your successes. What a shame about your horse - any chance of getting something to replace him/her - a hamster or a kitten maybe ?! It probably feels like things will never get better, but they will. Everything changes...
    And like I say, don't dismiss the option of speaking to someone - a school counsellor or youthworker maybe? Or even an online counsellor like kooth.com?

ReputationRep:
    Try talking to someone you're comfortable with, even if they have no element of authority. Then maybe try and see a school councillor about how you're feeling with them? Chances are you may just need someone to talk to instead of bottling up your emotions. Try and keep yourself busy and active to distract yourself (meet up for lunch, go to the library, get a weekend job, etc)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.