The Student Room Group

Scared I’ll lose everybody after university

I’m 3rd year and graduating this year. I have quite a few close friends, 5 from first year moving into halls and some over the years. I tend to keep my friends close and always had a very small friendship circle. The problem is none of them live in my home city.

I’m just really worried that they will just lose contact with me after uni. I’ve had the same situation with my close friends at secondary school, after I went to college none of them kept in contact and that greatly upset me for a long time. At College I had no friends and was all alone for the two years now at uni I made quite a few close friends but I’m scared about a repeat of secondary school.

I would keep meeting up with them across the country etc regularly but I’m not sure if they would do the same or just fade away.

I don’t know how to even say it to them without seeming clingy, but the fact is, I have no friends at my home city so I’ll be all alone and losing contact with my uni friends would cripple me :-(

Any advice?
Reply 1
Post Uni is the time for you to shine, not cringe. With social media what could you miss? There is plenty of time and they will also be on the gravy train working hard for their teams, bosses and new groups, that if anything they will drop you fast and go for work promotions and $. A few good friends will stick around and once in a while get together. But its all in the past, got to move on , look up and step out to make your name shine. That is the reason u went to uni huh? Bit more positive attitude helps. Otherwise new employers will see it in your work, social media and dump you faster than a sinking stone. they want committed 120% workers, without ties and sadness in their voice, eyes and step. That is the trap some fall into. All the best. JK
How I see it is that your true friends will keep in touch, no matter where you venture afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending