Religous Studies too soft for Oxbridge?

Watch
NY_40
Badges: 6
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was just wondering, as many people have said that RS is seen as a softer, less academic subject and is often looked down by top universities such as Oxbridge. Has anyone experienced anything like this or been accepted to Oxbridge with RS?
Thanks x
ethistu7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is GCSE, right, not A level?

No GCSEs are soft or hard. They’re all deemed pretty much equal, bar obviously Englang and Maths. Take RS! When people say Oxbridge don’t like it, they’re sometimes referring to Philosophy/Ethics/Religion A level, even then, it’s a bit of a myth. It all depends on what you want to study. There is no harm WHATSOEVER in taking the GCSE, in fact, it’ll make you a more moral and thoughtful human being that proves they have compassion and well-built essay writing skills you will succeed in any event.
OxFossil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NY_40)
I was just wondering, as many people have said that RS is seen as a softer, less academic subject and is often looked down by top universities such as Oxbridge. Has anyone experienced anything like this or been accepted to Oxbridge with RS?
Thanks x
My daughter was accepted for Biological Sciences at Oxford with a GCSE in RS, and Biology, Chemistry and RS/Philosophy at A Level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
22.86%
Less motivated (108)
77.14%

Watched Threads