The Student Room Group

maths gcse 2018 is it going to be hard?

i am in year 11 and i am nearly about to do my gcse and i was wondering is it actually really hard? was the 2017 gcse math exam foundation hard?
Depends what you mean by hard- the foundation paper will be a lot easier than the higher paper, so to get a C in foundation you need to be really good at everything on that paper. I'd say start revising now if you haven't already.
I did the new GCSE maths paper and some questions may throw you off however as long as you revise roughly 20mins-1 hour a week or more outside of school, you will be just fine 👌
okay thank you appreciate it but is it lie a normal math exam?
I'm doing higher this year and it's hella difficult
Have you started doing topic tests and practise papers? I’m doing my Maths GCSE and feel like those two things are giving me some insight into how difficult it is.
Original post by preparedtowork
i am in year 11 and i am nearly about to do my gcse and i was wondering is it actually really hard? was the 2017 gcse math exam foundation hard?

Last year I took the higher tier and it was surprisingly easier than a lot of the mocks, in my opinion. However, I had friends who took foundation and they said it was difficult because to do well they had to know practically all the topics whereas in higher you can get away with just knowing some of the topics thoroughly. If you're aiming for a Grade 5 I suggest attempting a higher specimen paper just to see what you get, if you get like more than 25/80 then definitely talk to your teacher about switching tiers.
thank you for your help and the thing is the wording of the question gets him
I would advise doing lots of past papers from your own exam board as well as others

Quick Reply

Latest