Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy AS (epistemology/philosophy of religion): 16th May 2018 AM
    Philosophy A2 (Ethics/philosophy of the mind): 4th June 2018 PM
    Hey!
    Thought I'd start a thread for the AQA Philosophy exam this year as I struggle with the subject as its sooo much content. If anyone has any notes/predictions/ study tips to share that would be amazinggg! goodluck!

I have found these notes (credit to owner) for anyone resitting the AS, i'm trying to find the A2 ones and will post them when I do!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tspejkq8p...ubD_YWFBa?dl=0

ReputationRep:
    HELLO I’M DOING IT TOO AHH TWINS
    i’m resitting too lol .
    we should share notes etc .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjkkx)
    HELLO I’M DOING IT TOO AHH TWINS
    i’m resitting too lol .
    we should share notes etc .
    Hello! Yes that would be great, I feel like i have so much to remember with all the AS content on top of A2

ReputationRep:
    AHHH i get you ! but its kinda an advantage too tbf because doing a2 has rlly put as into perspective for me.
    Add me on snapchat and we can help each other revise etc, krazedup
    What grade are you looking to get

ReputationRep:
    Ahh!! Dont worry we will make it work.
    Add me on snap // krazedup

ReputationRep:
    Hi Nice exam thread! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing If you feel like making any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well! Happy revising

ReputationRep:
    Doing this exam too. Think I am going to fail. There is way too much to learn and apply!!!!!! Dying here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madylbaugh)
    Doing this exam too. Think I am going to fail. There is way too much to learn and apply!!!!!! Dying here
    Same!😬 I always think i’ve written the right things in mocks but there’s always so much more detail needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meglizzieyoung)
    Same!😬 I always think i’ve written the right things in mocks but there’s always so much more detail needed
    We haven't done many mocks which makes me even more worried. Hoping the whole country does badly to grade boundaries are low. It's honestly just a joke. We are also studying theories which have bene counteracted and proved wrong so they're dead theories!!!! There is no point in that!

ReputationRep:
    We haven't done many mocks which makes me even more worried. Hoping the whole country does badly to grade boundaries are low. It's honestly just a joke. We are also studying theories which have bene counteracted and proved wrong so they're dead theories!!!! There is no point in that!
    ikr!! we haven't even started AS revision in school when almost the whole class are re-siting, I also agree I find it so hard to argue a theory with intent through a big essay if it just gets shut down my other philosophers

ReputationRep:
    There is a point because you get marks for explaining what's wrong with those theories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe312)
    There is a point because you get marks for explaining what's wrong with those theories.
    Yes but philosophically speaking it's utterly pointless learning about it. It's not studied at degree level.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but philosophically speaking it's utterly pointless learning about it. It's not studied at degree level.
    It's good practice in developing philosophical skills and understanding the history of philosophy.

Which subject are you thinking of that's studied at A level but not degree level?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm also doing this! I'll be doing both exams this year as well.
    My main concerns are- not many people do it so the grade boundaries will be high.

I'm worried about learning every single little detail. I am so bad at remembering things and It kind of annoys me how philosophy is meant to be about thinking but the majority of the exams are about memorising what people have said and regurgitating it in the exam. There are the essays, but even then you have to remember who said what etc etc.

I think Ive left revision too late as well. for philosophy I started about a week ago. Ack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by granitejanet)
    Hey! I'm also doing this! I'll be doing both exams this year as well.
    My main concerns are- not many people do it so the grade boundaries will be high.

I'm worried about learning every single little detail. I am so bad at remembering things and It kind of annoys me how philosophy is meant to be about thinking but the majority of the exams are about memorising what people have said and regurgitating it in the exam. There are the essays, but even then you have to remember who said what etc etc.

I think Ive left revision too late as well. for philosophy I started about a week ago. Ack.
    Literally same!!!!! I am so glad people feel similarly. It is such a huge stress. It certainly is only regurgitating what we have learned and not actually thinking. My class didn't take the AS exam....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.