Hey guys, I have been going through some problem questions from past exams and have come across this one from a couple of years ago. I feel confused after reading it despite it seeming quite straight forward. Could you guys assist me with how I should structure this answer and help me find any cases I should keep in mind? I would appreciate some guidance.
• Jack Hall : Dad
• Karen Hall : Daughter, aged 14
• Brad Neil : Jack’s friend involved in explicit message exchange Karen and Brad have been texting. Brad has been sending explicit messages to Karen. Jack isn't happy.
1. Jack on hits/knocks on the locked door of Brad’s flat.
a. Brad’s flat is on the third floor which opens onto a balcony at the rear.
2. Jack threatens Brad, tells him that he will put him in hospital for being a perv.
a. Brad opens the door hoping to reason with Jack. Jack hits him with his fist. It causes reddening of Brad’s cheek which disappears within a few hours.
1. Jack returns high on crack. a. With a hammer. Jack proceeds to beat down the door with the hammer.
a. The door falls in on Brad hitting him on the head.
b. The blow is minor however Brad (has a soft skull) is killed instantly.
Jack is then arrested by police. What is Jack Hall’s criminal liability for these incidents? What defences, if any, could Jack Hall raise at trial?
Turn on thread page Beta
[Help] Criminal Law Problem Question revision question watch
- Thread Starter
- 21-02-2018 11:09