Turn on thread page Beta

How to get contact the GP for a sick note watch

ReputationRep:
    So for the past 6 month, i have had various appointments regrading a problem of mine (consultation and other appointment) which has took a huge chuck of time of my school work). I want to get note from the GP which confirms this, so i can give it to my school.

How would i do this? (excluding calling them, i am to social awkward to do this)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaross00)
    So for the past 6 month, i have had various appointments regrading a problem of mine (consultation and other appointment) which has took a huge chuck of time of my school work). I want to get note from the GP which confirms this, so i can give it to my school.

How would i do this? (excluding calling them, i am to social awkward to do this)
    You've only got 2 options: either call them or go in in person and ask what to do at reception. They might ask you to make an appointment with the GP to discuss this.

Making phone calls is a necessity of life, so it would be good for you to get used to making them sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    Calling them or going in to ask for one are the only ways to get a sick note, unless you have a parent that can do it for you?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You're going to eventually have to make phone calls when you're older, either for your job or to sort 'adult' things out. If you refuse to make that phone call, go in and ask for an appointment.

ReputationRep:
    i will just make appointment with the GP, it would have better if they had a email address or something

ReputationRep:
    i will just make appointment with the GP, it would have better if they had a email address or something
    Emails aren't fool-proof; they're easy to ignore/delete/be accidentally labelled as spam etc. and there is the obvious issue of confidentiality. Going in person or calling gives you an instant answer.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Practises have general enquiry email addresses but doctors usually avoid an email inbox themselves as it ends up getting spammed with questions and takes up a lot of time. Some medical system, such as EMIS allow for e-consult which is similar as it's online, you put your question and system overs and then doctor can respond but it has a system in place to present patient details. manage and secure the data more so than emailing- See PhoenixFortune's post above. It does however vary by GP surgery as to what system they use (Most are EMIS in the south) and if they want to opt in.

ReputationRep:
    If your appointments are that frequent, can you not discuss it at your next one? And if these are hospital appointments, will the letter not suffice?

Failing that, you need to leave a message with reception, either over the phone or in person.

Don’t book an appointment purely for a sick note. This is a massive bugbear for GPs and it takes an appointment away from someone who is unwell. If the GP wants to see you in person before issuing it, they will let you know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.