Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    when your urine and headaches indicate dehydration why when you take in liquids do you start to urinate them out again

ReputationRep:
    Because youre deficient in electrolytes. Electrolytes help maintain water retention. Get some coconut water in you, electrolyte heavy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That's what your body does. It takes in the stuff it needs and whatever it doesn't need it gets rid of in urine or faeces.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by pete1957)
    when your urine and headaches indicate dehydration why when you take in liquids do you start to urinate them out again
    Your body filters out all the good stuff then pisses out what it doesn't need. You don't need fluid- you need the stuff inside it. It also helps you filter out all the nasty bi products from your body doing what it needs to do.
    If you keep the same fluid in you all the time your body wouldn't be able to do everything it needs to do to stay alive.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bitofaledge)
    Because youre deficient in electrolytes. Electrolytes help maintain water retention. Get some coconut water in you, electrolyte heavy.
    thanks,just looked into coconut water,unless you pay a fortune for the best it seems most suppliers have tampered with it and destroyed the benefits or at worst add chemicals,so may look into the fruit and veg way,thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    That's what your body does. It takes in the stuff it needs and whatever it doesn't need it gets rid of in urine or faeces.
    ok thanks, a bit confused though, if the colour of urine is saying dehydrated surely i would'nt increase the amount of times i go because of an increase in waste matter in the urine,it seems strange that the body has more stuff to get rid of at the same time i'm dehydrated.ps at one point the doctor did put me on steroids and told me to take more salt.

ReputationRep:
    thanks,just looked into coconut water,unless you pay a fortune for the best it seems most suppliers have tampered with it and destroyed the benefits or at worst add chemicals,so may look into the fruit and veg way,thanks again.
    Done well. I sometimes make "sole water", so good quality Himalayan salt with water. Mix it up and chuck it back first thing in the morning. Kinda grim but Himalayan salt has every mineral/electrolyte in for the body to function optimally.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    ok thanks, a bit confused though, if the colour of urine is saying dehydrated surely i would'nt increase the amount of times i go because of an increase in waste matter in the urine,it seems strange that the body has more stuff to get rid of at the same time i'm dehydrated.ps at one point the doctor did put me on steroids and told me to take more salt.
    There are some things that can make you need to urinate more often. That includes an irritated bladder which can happen if your urine is too concentrated or has certain things in it (including some medications).
    If your urine is dark and you're getting other signs of dehydration, drink more water and see how things go. You should find that peeing and things level out a bit more if you have a better balance going on.

If this is a recent thing with you needing the toilet more often or urgently, but not passing as much in one sitting as usual you could have a UTI. It's a really simple test for that so if you think it might be what's going on or you're otherwise concerned that something isn't right, call your GP surgery and set up an appointment.

ReputationRep:
    Done well. I sometimes make "sole water", so good quality Himalayan salt with water. Mix it up and chuck it back first thing in the morning. Kinda grim but Himalayan salt has every mineral/electrolyte in for the body to function optimally.
    ok thanks for that i will look into getting some tomorrow,thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks for that i will look into getting some tomorrow,thanks again.
    Would recommend Dr Mercola's Himalayan salt, think it's like £10-20. Bit pricey but it lasts a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Would recommend Dr Mercola's Himalayan salt, think it's like £10-20. Bit pricey but it lasts a long time.
    ok thanks that should save me some time looking through all the crap thats out there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.