Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've found the following which gives lots of info about how the new part-time maintenance loans will work:

http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/m...for-201819.pdf

Could you please elaborate on the course eligibility for part-time maintenance loans for new students after 01-08-2018?

I understand that full Level 6 degree courses will be eligible from September 2018 but Level 4 and 5 (Cert HE, FdA) courses will not be eligible until September 2019.

However, please can you clarify the eligibility of a stand-alone (Level 6, 120 credits) BA (Hons) Top-Up course? These courses are designed for students with a previous Level 5 qualification such as a FdA in order for them to achieve a full degree but they are stand-alone and do not follow automatically from a FdA course.

Will these ’Top-up' degree courses be eligible for part-time maintenance loans from September 2018?

Will I be classed as a 'new student' for loan application purposes? I finished my FdA in 2014.

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by carrieTP)
    Hi, I've found the following which gives lots of info about how the new part-time maintenance loans will work:

http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/m...for-201819.pdf

Could you please elaborate on the course eligibility for part-time maintenance loans for new students after 01-08-2018?

I understand that full Level 6 degree courses will be eligible from September 2018 but Level 4 and 5 (Cert HE, FdA) courses will not be eligible until September 2019.

However, please can you clarify the eligibility of a stand-alone (Level 6, 120 credits) BA (Hons) Top-Up course? These courses are designed for students with a previous Level 5 qualification such as a FdA in order for them to achieve a full degree but they are stand-alone and do not follow automatically from a FdA course.

Will these ’Top-up' degree courses be eligible for part-time maintenance loans from September 2018?

Will I be classed as a 'new student' for loan application purposes? I finished my FdA in 2014.

Thanks
    Hi carrie,

Firstly to answer your questions in regards to eligibility for Part time Maintenance Loan (PTML).

Can you confirm the details of the top up course that you wish to study?

What university are you wishing to attend and what course/subject and you wishing to study?

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    Hi Louise,

The course is 'BA (Hons) Creative Art and Design Practice - Top-Up'.
    It is taught at Buxton and Leek College.
    It is validated by University of Derby.

https://www.blc.ac.uk/university-lev...ode=he6lkartt1

Thanks,
    Carrie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi carrie,

Firstly to answer your questions in regards to eligibility for Part time Maintenance Loan (PTML).

Can you confirm the details of the top up course that you wish to study?

What university are you wishing to attend and what course/subject and you wishing to study?

Thanks

Louise
    Hi Louise,
    do you have any further info for me regarding the above course?
    Thanks,
    Carrie

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.