Turn on thread page Beta

So my attendance is currently 82% this year whereas last year it was something around 98%. The only reason for this is because I have had tonsillitis and pretty poor health overall this year, and it has affected my attendance. I just got an email saying they're putting me on a stage one disciplinary, which is like a verbal warning from your teacher or tutor. I'm pretty pissed because I don't think the attendance is that bad and I try to revise as much as I can when I am ill and off.
    I was just wondering if this can affect my application for a paralegal apprenticeship? I have already been invited to an assessment centre so I am doing okay so far I think.
    Anyone have any advice for this kind of thing? I'm really worried about it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Get doctors notes and proof of your illnesses and the school shouldn't really be disciplining you as harshly.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Get doctors notes and proof of your illnesses and the school shouldn't really be disciplining you as harshly.
    Would I have to go to the doctor and ask for a written note? I also have pictures of my inflamed tonsils covered in white pus and blisters so that should help!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would I have to go to the doctor and ask for a written note? I also have pictures of my inflamed tonsils covered in white pus and blisters so that should help!
    Yeah I think so. Any medical proof you've been unwell and needed treatment will be helpful.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.