Turn on thread page Beta

Do I continue to persue this girl? watch

I've been seeing a girl for about 5 months now on a casual basis. This being said neither of us have slept with anyone else untill the other day. She told me she was going on a date and might see this person in particular. So before she went I asked her not too go and said if she did then our thing would be over. We've both said we like eachother but I wouldn't have done the same considering I seen her the day before she slept with this other dude. We've been seeing eachother most days and talking constantly everyday untill now.
    Weve both said to eachother we should see other people and we don't want a relationship, but feel I was saying this as a safety net. Just looking for some advice?

ReputationRep:
    You have clearly put yourself deep in the friendzone. In her mind she knows she has you as a decent back up. So now she can pursue other guys herself knowing that she'll always have you to fall back on. So if you really want her, You need to tell and show her that you do. Don't beat around the bush, be blunt and tell her how you feel. She's taking advantage of the situation. So just make her yours. Make a move, make it serious. No point sitting on the fence for 5 months, you're losing her because of yourself atm. Cmon man up and do whats right.

ReputationRep:
    You have had 5 months worth of opportunities for something to happen between you and this girl.
    Nothing has happened.
    She has even told you herself that you should see other people!
    Is that not enough to answer your question?

(Assuming that over those 5 months you actually made some proactive efforts to date her) I would say that if there was any real interest in you from her side, something would have definitely happened by now (and a long time ago too!).

And that she is now dating other guys? I would take this as a seriously strong statement that she is not romantically interested in you (that she just doesn't feel that sort of chemistry for you).

Where to go from now though?
    Either decide that you can be handle being friends and see her go off and have her own love life etc, or decide that hanging around any longer is not going to do you any good (and move on entirely). But don't keep on hanging around hoping for a fundamental change in feeling from her towards you (for its highly unlikely to happen).

ReputationRep:
    This girl called olivia was just playing games with me for like a whole year (we went to the same college). I cut her off, went ghost on her, ignored her in person and didn’t awnser her texts. Moved on with my life but in full view of her so she can see that she messed up and other girls are interested in me now she wants me back. She got her friend to come up to me and say shes upset and wants to talk to me but don’t know why I am ignoring her. I told her friend im not interested in talking to her anymore.

Olivia text me that day saying something like ‘hey, need some help with maths, can you call’….lmao. I did anyway and I helped her then she diverted to why I haven’t been speaking to her and saying she misses my jokes and company etc. and pretty much was sobbing about how the other guys don’t do the things for her I do etc and saying she always wanted to be with me but was unsure. BS like that, I wasn’t buying it. I could hear in her voice she was upset. I could have easily got her back at that point but I started talking to another girl so I just said no to her. And she couldn’t even look at me in college anymore she regretted it so much lol. She was a b itch

Before we started seeing eachother we had both come out of long term relationships so have agreed the whole way trough that we wouldn't come this.

Not that we haven't dated we have been on several dates but it was mainly a bedroom relationship.

She's also heard rumours that I've been trying to persue several girls and possibly slept with one (I didn't) and can't help this might have played a factor as it was fairly fresh.

Thoughts?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Before we started seeing eachother we had both been in a long term relationship so had agreed to rule that out however the last maybe month ive thought about it more.

We used to date rarely although a lot the time she would say isn't it weird? It was more of a bedroom relationship.

Thoughts?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts? She's just not that into you.

She knows that you're available, and so if she wanted to be with you, right now it would be you on going on this date with her (instead of this other guy).

It doesn't really matter what was said in the early days, the feelings ultimately simply aren't requited.

It's time to move on.

(Original post by Anonymous)

It was more of a bedroom relationship.

Thoughts?

Maybe she was bored. 5 months with a bedroom relationship, me being a girl, I would get tired of seeing the same place over and over again. Sure that is partially because I don't like my own house and would do anything to get of of it.

I think you should question what you want from a relationship. Then ask her what she wants in a relationship. Cause at the moment it seem that if its not for love it isn't meant to be.

(Original post by Feastful)
    Thoughts? She's just not that into you.

It's time to move on.

Yeh there are 8 billion other people out there I bet some will love you for you and want to stay with you aswell

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.