ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    nope , do u take a hijab of in public
    Do you walk around naked in public?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Jeez.

Angst here or what.

I wear the hijabi too - I don't think it makes me different to anyone else... after all, we are all human.
    But am I treated differently? On occasions, yes. I have been ignored a lot in stores i.e. 'do you want a sample of this perfume' or 'can I interest you in a new deal we have' - this happens a lot. Ironically, a non-hijabi before/after me is approached, but not myself. I mean, whatever, they have lost a sale... I buy impulsively so I am a great target!

I have had abuse off people, 'go back to your country' blah blah... often ignore it but other times I do respond with a 'me no spek englaz' or 'b*tch, did you leave India in one piece, during 1947'.

Other times, it's just normal. Like I say, we are all humans. But I don't wear the hijab to Uni - no, my parent's don't know - and people treat me A LOT more different. Almost like I have some value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irumcxxx)
    Do you walk around naked in public?
    Does your hijab give you extra headbutting powers

ReputationRep:
    Does your hijab give you extra headbutting powers
    I wish it did but no.

ReputationRep:
    I wish it did but no.
    I have another question , how do you feel wearing a hijab are u ok with it or does it make u feel uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    It makes me feel comfortable.. maybe because im use to it but its actually fine. Keeps yours ears warm too

ReputationRep:
    ok this is really stupid coming from a muslim but i've always wondered , when you shower (if you do that it is) do u take it off or shower with it on , just curious here
    r u actually being serious? no one wears it in the house we take it off as soon as we get to our houses lol and wdym 'if you do that is'??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam717)
    r u actually being serious? no one wears it in the house we take it off as soon as we get to our houses lol and wdym 'if you do that is'??
    Trusstttt.. some people just dont have asian friends or are just uneducated!

ReputationRep:
    Trusstttt.. some people just dont have asian friends or are just uneducated!
    1) the person who asked that question was your fellow Muslim
    2) Asians aren't the group of people you're thinking of - talking to an Asian non-Muslim like myself will make you none the wiser about Muslims

ReputationRep:
    ok this is really stupid coming from a muslim but i've always wondered , when you shower (if you do that it is) do u take it off or shower with it on , just curious here
    Lol just read that again and think why women wear hijabs and in what situations they wear them for example at home they may not as they don'

ReputationRep:
    Lol just read that again and think why women wear hijabs and in what situations they wear them for example at home they may not as they don't have to hide their beauty from their immediate family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jim1999)
    Lol just read that again and think why women wear hijabs and in what situations they wear them for example at home they may not as they don'
    Lol just read that again and think why women wear hijabs and in what situations they wear them for example at home they may not as they don't have to hide their beauty from their immediate family
    that's great but why post it twice ?

ReputationRep:
    that's great but why post it twice ?
    Accident my g

ReputationRep:
    Have you self pleasured yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Accident my g
    nice

ReputationRep:
    are you enjoying the Winter Olympics ? which event do you like ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieAppleLemon)
    Jeez.

Angst here or what.

I wear the hijabi too - I don't think it makes me different to anyone else... after all, we are all human.
    But am I treated differently? On occasions, yes. I have been ignored a lot in stores i.e. 'do you want a sample of this perfume' or 'can I interest you in a new deal we have' - this happens a lot. Ironically, a non-hijabi before/after me is approached, but not myself. I mean, whatever, they have lost a sale... I buy impulsively so I am a great target!

I have had abuse off people, 'go back to your country' blah blah... often ignore it but other times I do respond with a 'me no spek englaz' or 'b*tch, did you leave India in one piece, during 1947'.

Other times, it's just normal. Like I say, we are all humans. But I don't wear the hijab to Uni - no, my parent's don't know - and people treat me A LOT more different. Almost like I have some value.
    Saddd... which area do you live in?

ReputationRep:
    Some people have a hundred questioned up there sleeve but don’t want to ask. You can ask away.. ill reply!
    Why is this forum full of basement dwellers?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.