Turn on thread page Beta

Doing some research on personal alarms watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to find out if users of personal attack alarms feel that they are a deterrent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HML_williams)
    I'd like to find out if users of personal attack alarms feel that they are a deterrent?
    I used to have one (and never needed to use it), but I found that I kept setting it off by accident as the button was way too sensitive and in the ideal place to keep getting pushed, so I got rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    Was it a keyring size alarm or a small spray type version?

I'm interested to understand how people use them to help improve the devices. From my research I note the early alarms tended to be just that a loud audible high pitch sound. More recent developments have tended to act as a deterrent too, i.e. sound and spray foul odour, even DNA markers and UV for Police to identify.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HML_williams)
    Was it a keyring size alarm or a small spray type version?

I'm interested to understand how people use them to help improve the devices. From my research I note the early alarms tended to be just that a loud audible high pitch sound. More recent developments have tended to act as a deterrent too, i.e. sound and spray foul odour, even DNA markers and UV for Police to identify.
    It was a keyring one that would only give off a high-pitched alarm. It wasn't a fancy one, just a cheap plastic thing.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a few on eBay which are a bit like car door fobs with small buttons. Thanks for the insight, some of the UK manufactured keyring alarms I've noticed appear to have addressed the problem of false alarms with more robust barrel shaped design like We Alarms.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.