Turn on thread page Beta

I have a boyfriend. Another guy tried to kiss me. My best friend hates me. Help watch

ReputationRep:
    It my best friend’s birthday recently and me and one of her friends (who is a guy) went round her house for the night. We all got very drunk and that guy kissed me and tried to touch me up. I pushed him away and told him to stop. At the time my best friend was asleep through all this. The guy then pulled me on top of him and I tried to push myself off but he was stronger than I thought (I did eventually get off him). My friend woke up at this point and saw the movement in the dark and took it as us having sex.

I told my boyfriend about how this guy did this to me because obviously he deserves to know that someone tried to do that to me even though I clearly didn’t want it. He accepted it even though he was fuming about that guy doing that to me but he wasn’t angry at me.

My best friend, who was and still is angry at me because she believes that I had sex with that guy, called me up and asked me if I had told my boyfriend the whole truth. I said yes but what she thought was the whole truth wasn’t. So she proceeded to tell my boyfriend that I had had sex with that guy. This then led to a very messy day of tears and anger and a lot of drama as you can imagine.

I managed to explain things to my boyfriend and everything is okay but my best friend still doesn’t believe me and she has called me a lying *****, among other stuff. She’ll phone me up and be horrible to me and have me in tears. I’ve hardly been sleeping. I’m shaking constantly. I feel sick 90% of the time because I’m scared of what she’ll say to me next.

Along with this I go to a different sixth form to them (there are a few in the town where we go to college) so I’ve no idea what she is saying to my boyfriend. If he’s hearing those lies every day then he might end up believing them. I don’t know why she’s doing this; some people think it’s jealousy, that she likes that guy but I’m not sure.

I’ve explained to her a million times that 1) I didn’t want it, 2) we didn’t have sex, 3) I tried to stop him and 4) that what she saw wasn’t what she thinks but I can’t seem to convince her otherwise.

I really don’t know know what to do. I’ve been up until dawn most nights and I can’t concentrate in class. Please give me some advice as to what I can do to solve this
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Your friend is a *****y *****y person. You got raped!!! How is she blaming you you don’t need people like that in your life.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I know we didn’t have sex. It seems like everyone but her seems to believe me 💖

ReputationRep:
    You need to distance yourself away from her. Tell her you’re not going to stand for this treatment. You know the truth and if she doesn’t want to hear it, then she can leave—leave the friendship.

You did nearly get sexually assaulted. Thank god you were able to get off!

She’s clearly not a friend if she cannot accept the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I’m trying but she keeps calling me up and saying stuff to me and I know that she keeps saying stuff to my boyfriend because I’m getting messages from him being unsure of what to think anymore

ReputationRep:
    That title was a rollercoaster.

OP just distance yourself from her, if you know for sure you didn't and she doesn't have irrefutable proof that you did, then you shouldn't need to justify yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Hun if I was you I would just ignore her and if she wants to spread lies then let, you know the truth and you know what happened, I had a friend similar a looking back now I shouldn't of worried what she was saying, its hurtful and upsetting what she's being saying to you but I wouldn't waste your time on someone like that when they are meant to be your best friend. As for your boyfriend if he believes then that's good he obviously trusts you, if he decides to believe her lies then that's his problem I wouldn't waste time on him either, someone that doesn't trust or you believe when they are meant to be with doesn't deserve you. Try focus on something else like your sixth form work or having friends that don't have a connection to your best friend. As hard as it is don't lose sleep over it definitely not worth it

ReputationRep:
    Quick update: my boyfriend just said that he’s not sure he believes me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie200801)
    Try and talk to him face to face and if he still doesn't believe you walk away! You are worth so much more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie200801)
    That’s not good to hear. Talk to him. Tell him how it is making you feel. Give him two options: either he believes you or the relationship just isn’t worth the hassle. You don’t want negativity

ReputationRep:
    Drop your friend like a hot potato, if she goes behind your back and tells your boyfriend something that she doesn't even know for sure, then she's no friend to you.
    as for your boyfriend, if he doesn't believe you, then you may as well do the same, walking away without feeling hurt can be impossible sometimes, but it's better than having people like your 'friend' in your life.

your friend has no reason to be angry at you, you didn't sleep with the guy and it's not like he's her boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    that's not rape lol

ReputationRep:
    Give your boyfriend an ultimatum: Either he believes you (and you stay with him), or he doesn't believe you (and you leave).

You have told him that you were the victim of an attempted assault and if he refuses to support and believe you throughout this (believing everyone's word but yours), then he is clearly not a good person to be dating.

Also, you should hunt down that guy who tried to assault you and confront him while recording his reaction/words. If you get any hard evidence of his guilty behaviour/actions, then that will be highly effective in clearing the record (not only between you and your boyfriend, but your broader social life too).
    Do not let this guy get away with hurting you like this!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.