Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need to wear glasses in the near future (currently waiting for appointment) for minor short-sightedness, and am feeling really worried about how people will react and if I will look silly with glasses. Read loads of stuff about how bothersome they are , and wondered about other people's experiences?

Is it that bad? Are the difficulties manageable?

So so worried :/
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Orangepenguin147)
    I need to wear glasses in the near future (currently waiting for appointment) for minor short-sightedness, and am feeling really worried about how people will react and if I will look silly with glasses. Read loads of stuff about how bothersome they are , and wondered about other people's experiences?

Is it that bad? Are the difficulties manageable?

So so worried :/
    I have worn them for over 10 years and have thought nothing of it

I find it helps to get ones with black rims that are kind of thick, some glasses do look worse than others but I find these ones okay

ReputationRep:
    Take the time to find a pair that suit you.

And pay no attention to morons.
    You need them to see, so wear them. After the first few days you won't even notice they're there.

ReputationRep:
    all the cool kids on TSR wear glasses :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    all the cool kids on TSR wear glasses :console:
    This is true. Mine are made of clear plastic and the lenses are transition with a green tinge.

ReputationRep:
    I've been wearing glasses for about 10 years now but generally wear contacts when I go out. It takes a while to get used to the feeling of wearing them but it eventually becomes more natural. The trick is to find a pair that suits your face so make sure you try on loads of different styles.

ReputationRep:
    I've been given glasses but don't wear them. They make eyesight even worse and dependable
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
    This is true. Mine are made of clear plastic and the lenses are transition with a green tinge.
    Acetate, rather than plastic. Me too.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.