Turn on thread page Beta

How to confident in your own body in public?

I find it really difficult to exert body confidence in public, I have a naturally curvy body and though I don't wear overly tight clothing however my figure still shows.
    Any confidence I do have, such as when I feel good about an outfit etc., is immediately lost when I notice men stare at my body as though I am an object and not a person. Because of this I nearly always wear a long coat to cover up when I am out and about, I recognise this is not a solution. So my question is what can I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Fake the confidence at first and embrace your body. Stop putting your body down, if you wouldn't say bad things about someone else's body perhaps a friend or loved one then why are you saying it to yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, fake it. Something I used to do which sounds stupid but worked was once in a while stand in front of the mirror and say something along the lines of ' that's hot' or 'damn' or even just sing the song 'I feel pretty' ridiculously. It sounds silly but I felt better both about myself and mood wise, your body is awesome and so are you

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.