Can I get funding for a Masters degree if I have already done a 4 year BA course

Watch this thread
annak332
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am currently in my 2nd year of a 4 year course with a foundation degree (as a screwed up my A levels when I left college). I've heard mixed things about this but can I still get a loan from student finance for a Masters degree even though Ive been funded for a 4 year course already? (I really hope I can)If anyone has any answers it would be much appreciated! Thanks
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by annak332)
I am currently in my 2nd year of a 4 year course with a foundation degree (as a screwed up my A levels when I left college). I've heard mixed things about this but can I still get a loan from student finance for a Masters degree even though Ive been funded for a 4 year course already? (I really hope I can)If anyone has any answers it would be much appreciated! Thanks
Hi annak332,

Can you confirm if the Masters Degree would be a Postgraduate Course Level 7 or would it be an undergraduate course with integrated Masters?

Thanks

Louise
annak332
Rep:
(Original post by Louise E SFE)
Hi annak332,

Can you confirm if the Masters Degree would be a Postgraduate Course Level 7 or would it be an undergraduate course with integrated Masters?

Thanks

Louise
It would just be a separate masters after I complete my 4 year BA.
annak332
Rep:
It would just be a separate masters after I complete my 4 year BA.
I have mainly heard that you get an extra year for the length of your course so for a 4 year course I would get an extra 1 year? Is this correct?
annak332
Rep:
I have mainly heard that you get an extra year for the length of your course so for a 4 year course I would get an extra 1 year? Is this correct?
Oh and it would be a year length stand alone Masters
Postgraduate study at NTU
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi @annak332

Yes, you would be able to get a postgraduate loan for a Masters!

What are looking at studying?

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi annak332,

Previous study at undergraduate level is not considered when your are applying for a Postgraduate Loan. As long as you do not hold a level 7 qualification (ELQ) and the masters course is eligible for funding you can apply for a Postgraduate Loan (PGL). PGL is a one time only product and you can only apply once.

Thanks

Louise
husszino
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
hiiii’m finishing my BSc this month and was looking to apply to nottingham trent for MSc in paramedic sciences straight after. i will be entering for 2022 will i still get the loan. i’ve read that they don’t give you the loan if you are behind on payments and i haven’t even started to pay them back.
SFE Karen
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi there, The Postgraduate Loan is assessed for separately than Undergraduate funding. You can find out more about the eligibility for this here: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

Thanks, Karen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads