Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Younger brother is ruining all of my family’s lives? watch

Announcements

He’s 9 years old and cannot behave himself. From the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep he aggrovates me. For example, he will come into my room and take something of mine and runaway with it, which would irritate anyone. My parents don’t know what to do with him since he does the exact opposite of anything we tell him to do (or not to do). I even had a door lock put on my bedroom door to prevent him from going’s in there but I feel like I shut myself away from the entire family when I lock myself in my room after him annoying me all the time. I literally don’t know what to do anymore…I’ve tried ignoring him, shouting, talking nicely but nothing works! I need help:/

ReputationRep:
    Your parents need to put their foot down with him. If they don't, he will continue to act like this with no regard for others. This poses a big problem for him as he grows up and interacts with people. If your parents are finding it hard to cope, have they tried to seek help, for example, friends and family or someone who deals with child behaviour. Your parents also need to consider you in the process, as their (non) action is affecting you in a negative manner.

ReputationRep:
    well on one hand you can accept he's only 9 therefore he's gonna do some stupid ****

on the other hand you can do what my parents did to me if i messed up and give him a good old fashion backhand slap across the face

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.