Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for an internship yesterday and got a response the same day (from a different team member from whom I emailed my cv to) asking to come down for an interview asap and they asked for my availability, I replied that I can do 22nd feb at any time, but after I sent that email I received an automatic email from the lady that she is away until the 22nd. I'm just slightly worried it might be short noticed on her behalf - she obviously hasn't replied back to me yet... what should I do?

Should I email someone else in the team about this to move the date or just leave it and wait for the lady to respond (most likely by tomorrow)??

Thanks.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Pisces94)
    I applied for an internship yesterday and got a response the same day (from a different team member from whom I emailed my cv to) asking to come down for an interview asap and they asked for my availability, I replied that I can do 22nd feb at any time, but after I sent that email I received an automatic email from the lady that she is away until the 22nd. I'm just slightly worried it might be short noticed on her behalf - she obviously hasn't replied back to me yet... what should I do?

Should I email someone else in the team about this to move the date or just leave it and wait for the lady to respond (most likely by tomorrow)??

Thanks.
    CHeck out your transport to get in to an interview tomorrow - they might contact you first thing to come in mid morning/afternoon. And make sure your phone is not on silent and is charged, if they can't fit you in tomorrow then it might be easier to ring them to find a date that suits you both.

If her out of office message didn't specify who to contact in her absence then don't worry about forwarding on the message...if she said they want to interview you asap then giving dates this week is compoletely reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    CHeck out your transport to get in to an interview tomorrow - they might contact you first thing to come in mid morning/afternoon. And make sure your phone is not on silent and is charged, if they can't fit you in tomorrow then it might be easier to ring them to find a date that suits you both.

If her out of office message didn't specify who to contact in her absence then don't worry about forwarding on the message...if she said they want to interview you asap then giving dates this week is compoletely reasonable.
    Thank you very much for your advice. I appreciate it!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.