Biomed2018
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any helpful textbooks I could use to get a head start before September? 😊 Thank you ✨
Haviland-Tuf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on what uni you go to and their curriculum. So I suggest you have a look online on what modules you'll be learning about and buy a couple of popular books on the topics in each module.

Generally speaking you need books on cell biology, genetics, cancer biology and ones on the pathology disciplines (depends on what modules you'll be doing i.e. one on haematology and immunology if you'll be doing a haematology module.

These are three books which I found essential while studying Biomedical Science over the past 2 and half years:

The Cell: A Molecular Approach
Human Molecular Genetics
Molecular Biology of Cancer: Mechanisms, Targets, and Therapeutics

These books are expensive so I suggest you wait until you get to uni and get your actual reading list before you spend £100+ buying books.

If you notice all of these books focus on the molecular detail in different aspects of biology which is what you'll be doing at uni and also in your future career.
Biomed2018
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
It depends on what uni you go to and their curriculum. So I suggest you have a look online on what modules you'll be learning about and buy a couple of popular books on the topics in each module.

Generally speaking you need books on cell biology, genetics, cancer biology and ones on the pathology disciplines (depends on what modules you'll be doing i.e. one on haematology and immunology if you'll be doing a haematology module.

These are three books which I found essential while studying Biomedical Science over the past 2 and half years:

The Cell: A Molecular Approach
Human Molecular Genetics
Molecular Biology of Cancer: Mechanisms, Targets, and Therapeutics

These books are expensive so I suggest you wait until you get to uni and get your actual reading list before you spend £100+ buying books.

If you notice all of these books focus on the molecular detail in different aspects of biology which is what you'll be doing at uni and also in your future career.
Thank you so much for your detailed response, that was very helpful! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?