Turn on thread page Beta

So hard to break up with someone?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Kind of on here looking for permission/advice.
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year and lately for the past month or so I've felt unhappy. He's not really effectionate, is rarely in the mood for sex and it's getting me down, I've spoke to him about being unhappy NUMEROUS times and all he says is 'I'm not arguing about this again'. I know he doesn't want to break up and if I did he would act clueless and be like 'this is something so small' but right now I'm in a relationship but I don't feel like I'm in a relationship, if that makes sense?
    When I confront him about sex and things he says he's happy just sat with me watching a movie and doesn't want to be all over me??? It's like he wants me in his life but just as a friend. Weird.
    He doesn't put in much effort and wants to see me around twice a week which to me isn't enough. All these things make me feel he doesn't love me, I've told him and nothing has changed. Also, I don't want to keep asking for reassurance that he loves me or not ☹️☹️
    I don't know what to do, I love him but I'm unhappy. Is this good enough reason to leave? I'm afraid that if I leave I'll instantly regret my decision and I don't want to be the girl who breaks up and keeps running back!
    Can t better or is it doomed?
    I'm a very anxious person too and he doesn't really acknowledge it, maybe this is just me and my insecurities?
    Also I've never really been single and he's all I really have, I don't have many friends etc so I'm scared to break up more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    Literally tell him what’s you’ve posted here. His reaction to it should help you make up your mind
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Girl, dump him. If he doesn't wanna change he won't and you'll stay unhappy. Take a break from him, maybe he'll understand what he is about to lose or not - either way it'll be healthier and better for you. Even if you regret your decision just don't forget how unhappy you are - if you guys get together again (on your own initiative) nothing will change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20emma20)
    Kind of on here looking for permission/advice.
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year and lately for the past month or so I've felt unhappy. He's not really effectionate, is rarely in the mood for sex and it's getting me down, I've spoke to him about being unhappy NUMEROUS times and all he says is 'I'm not arguing about this again'. I know he doesn't want to break up and if I did he would act clueless and be like 'this is something so small' but right now I'm in a relationship but I don't feel like I'm in a relationship, if that makes sense?
    When I confront him about sex and things he says he's happy just sat with me watching a movie and doesn't want to be all over me??? It's like he wants me in his life but just as a friend. Weird.
    He doesn't put in much effort and wants to see me around twice a week which to me isn't enough. All these things make me feel he doesn't love me, I've told him and nothing has changed. Also, I don't want to keep asking for reassurance that he loves me or not ☹️☹️
    I don't know what to do, I love him but I'm unhappy. Is this good enough reason to leave? I'm afraid that if I leave I'll instantly regret my decision and I don't want to be the girl who breaks up and keeps running back!
    Can t better or is it doomed?
    I'm a very anxious person too and he doesn't really acknowledge it, maybe this is just me and my insecurities?
    Also I've never really been single and he's all I really have, I don't have many friends etc so I'm scared to break up more than anything.
    No one else can make this decision for you. It’s a big decision so think it through. Never easy breaking up with someone you love. The agonizing pain of it can be so overwhelming. For some feelings rule over their head, whereas for others their head rules their heart and will therefore bear the heartache for the sake of logic and reason.

It’s tough. It’s hard. Be strong, that’s what I tell myself.
    I like to believe that what’s meant to be will find a way. You do your thing and let him do his...and if you end up together then it’s beautiful.

What does logic and reason tell you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.