The Student Room Group

English Language Speaking and Listening Topics

For GCSE you have to do a presentation for 5 minutes but it doesn't count towards your overall grade. I am a really indecisive person and have had 3 different ideas since November and I am meant to be doing it next week. What topic should I do :
Euthanasia
How school pressure students
Government funding cuts to the emergency services
Or do you have any other ideas that would get me a good grade (fail,pass,merit or distinction) but bare in mind I am not confident in myself and suffer from anxiety.
I also want to make it clear that I am a really emotional person so I struggle with sensitive topics
Reply 1
If you're doing the AQA board you information is slightly off:

You do a presentation for about 5 minutes then answer questions for another 5 = 10 minutes.

You cannot over run

It needs to be something you know a lot about, that you can speak confidentially of, including lingo words.

It's not something someone else can choose for you.

It takes the place of the oral exam, and although you don't get marks towards the exam grade you will get a plus to it. Mine was a merit, while you can also get a distinction. For instance my English language pass was grade 8 with merit.

If you were talking passionately about something what would it be - that is your subject you need to do. It just needs to be approved by your teacher, so nothing like sex talks etc.
We're doing WJEC so ours has to be about 5 mins

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending