Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have got a conditional offer off Nottingham for the vet med course with a prelim year. I was wondering if anyone whos on it could tell me how they're finding it as when I attended both the open day and the interview day there was no one there who was actually on the prelim year.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have spoken to a couple of people who have done/are doing the prelim year at Notts and they say the workload is fast-paced and is tough, particularly the chemistry modules (unsurprisingly!), but there are plenty of practical sessions that help to break things up. Overall they seem to be enjoying themselves and having a positive experience. I've not really heard anything majorly negative about the course other than the workload but that is to be expected. I have an interview for the prelim year next week! Congrats on your conditional offer

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks! I was worried that the workload wouldnt be managable but that makes me feel alot more confident. Are you an undergraduate whos applied or have you already done a degree? Best of luck by the way for your interview, Im sure youll ace it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwalter123.1)
    Hi, thanks! I was worried that the workload wouldnt be managable but that makes me feel alot more confident. Are you an undergraduate whos applied or have you already done a degree? Best of luck by the way for your interview, Im sure youll ace it!!!
    The workload is manageable if you keep on top of it and they keep it relevant to vet med- from what I have heard it sounds like the prelim year prepares students well for the 5 year degree Even if we did struggle a little with the workload though or find it a big jump from our previous qualifications, we would all be in the same boat!

No I don't have a degree so I am an undergraduate, how about you? And thankyou! The nerves are starting to set in a bit now Any tips for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Im an undergraduate to. For the interview my only tips would be be yourself, talk to other people there itll help you relax before the interview, the uni want to see what type of person you are. Dont worry you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwalter123.1)
    How did it go?
    Hi, I thought it went ok overall, but i am still yet to hear anything Fingers crossed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.