Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, So I have been having a lot of trouble with my current mentor on my final 3rd year placement - my mentor has been very hard to please and is very nit-picky and never recognises when I've been trying to improve to meet her standards. I've always felt as though she was purposefully trying to get me to drop out of nursing, which was confirmed when I got an email from my Uni saying that she has emailed them saying that her student

ReputationRep:
    You don’t seem to have completed your post, but I get the general jist of it.

Has your mentor spoken to you and worked with you to create an achievable action plan?

Did they tell you they were going to speak to the university?

Do you have evidence to support the areas you’ve improved in?

I imagine, if your mentor has spoken to the university that the uni will intervene and see if their concerns are reasonable. In the end, the uni want you to pass and should support you to pass this placement.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Chocoholic266)
    Hi guys, So I have been having a lot of trouble with my current mentor on my final 3rd year placement - my mentor has been very hard to please and is very nit-picky and never recognises when I've been trying to improve to meet her standards. I've always felt as though she was purposefully trying to get me to drop out of nursing, which was confirmed when I got an email from my Uni saying that she has emailed them saying that her student
    Incomplete post. talk to tutor, student advisor.

https://www.rcn.org.uk/get-help/bull...ent-and-stress

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.