Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey all,
    This is my first post so be easy on me!
    I have a little bit of a dilemma at the moment..

I am a little bit undecided as to which BTEC HND to take. I would like to study a HND for Sept 2018.

I am 22 years old, and left school after taking my GCSEs due to personal reasons that I don't want to get into as it isn't relevant. With that being said, I did try doing BTEC Business (level 3) for a few months and absolutely hated it. I thought it was super boring.

I do not hold any level 3 qualfications, however, I have gained a whole lot of work experience which will allow me to take either qualification. I worked in Business Admin and Hospitality and at times working in both sectors at the same time.

I did achieve very good GCSE results and I went into full time work working for various companies in the UK. I have now found myself travelling and now picking up French as a second language. I am absolutely in love with the country, I travel every month there and also have friends over there as well. I see my life over there and not here. I would love to move there but I think it's best if I focus on my education first. I would love to work as a teacher job for students who want to learn English but not forever lol

My end goal options would be -

1 - After gaining my HND, study a transition year in France and then...
    2a - Study Human Resources with a language as a degree (hopefully abroad in France)
    2b - Study International Relations/Affairs with a language as a degree (hopefully abroad in Belgium or France or maybe somewhere else)
    3 - Work abroad in France or a French speaking country doing Human Resources in a school, or travel agency or hotel chain or maybe in an embassy. Definitely HR abroad.

The two HNDs have similar units that spark interest (Human resource management) but I really don't know what subjects to take.

Having done my research and still am undecided. However if I choose to complete my degree in the UK, will my choice of HND matter?

Some advice would be helpful.. I'm not sure if I have forgotten any key info..
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.