Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE French General Speaking watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am having a practice french gcse general speaking exam soon on schools and was wondering if anyone had any tips or sentence structures for the exam that would help get me the higher marks? I am taking the higher paper in general if that helps

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I've just done my GCSE Mock speaking for 9-1 AQA and scored 54/60. Which exam board are you on? Some things will depend on your exam board.
    But in general, I prepared by thinking up answers in each tense. On my exam board, you need X3 different tenses to do well. So I thought about the topics I'd studied and then put tenses to some 'go-to' sentences.

For Example:
    If my examiner asked me about Holidays, my go-to is sentence is
    'L'année dernière, je suis allée en Italie. J'ai adoré ça, parce que Jaime manger la cuisine italien.’
    By knowing that one sentence to start me off, not only do I have some ideas on what to say next, but I've already talked in Past Tense. Obviously, if they ask you in a different tense, then you'll have to adjust it slightly.

I did that for every subtopic and just looked over vocab.

They like it if you use stuff like this:
    - Connectives like: alors, heuresment.
    - Avoir + de structure
    - The conditional tense is good to prepare for for speaking.
    - Make sure you know your grammar.

I think that's about it. Good Luck! I was so nervous I nearly puked but you'll be surprised how much French you know.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I’m using the AQA exam board too! If you did the school topic, could you give me any tips for what I could include? Thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Nay.Nay_)
    Thank you so much! I’m using the AQA exam board too! If you did the school topic, could you give me any tips for what I could include? Thank you
    Sure. Here are some things I said about school:

D’un côté, Je déteste l’uniforme car on ne peut pas montrer son individualité quand on porte un uniforme parce que tout le monde se ressemble. Mais, de l’autre cote c’est aussi utile parce qu’on sait toujours quoi mettre le matin. Cela est un gros avantage. Mon uniforme idéal serait confortable. Si je deviens le principal, j’autoriserais mes étudiants porter le jeans noir avec un pull noir.

Obviously, I couldn't remember it off my heart. So I just remembered the bits in bold and improvised from there.

At least here you've got the present and conditional tense. I also said stuff like this about school in general:

Normalement, mes cours commencent à 9h, et j’ en ai cinq chaque jour. Le lundi, mardi, jeudi, vendredi j’ai toujours Les Maths et L’Anglais. Le mercredi n’est pas ma journée préférée car j’ai deux heures d’EPS ce que je trouve ennuyeux. J’ai une pause à 11h et ensuite à 1 heure pour mon déjeuner.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovelylivpet)
    Sure. Here are some things I said about school:

D’un côté, Je déteste l’uniforme car on ne peut pas montrer son individualité quand on porte un uniforme parce que tout le monde se ressemble. Mais, de l’autre cote c’est aussi utile parce qu’on sait toujours quoi mettre le matin. Cela est un gros avantage. Mon uniforme idéal serait confortable. Si je deviens le principal, j’autoriserais mes étudiants porter le jeans noir avec un pull noir.

Obviously, I couldn't remember it off my heart. So I just remembered the bits in bold and improvised from there.

At least here you've got the present and conditional tense. I also said stuff like this about school in general:

Normalement, mes cours commencent à 9h, et j’ en ai cinq chaque jour. Le lundi, mardi, jeudi, vendredi j’ai toujours Les Maths et L’Anglais. Le mercredi n’est pas ma journée préférée car j’ai deux heures d’EPS ce que je trouve ennuyeux. J’ai une pause à 11h et ensuite à 1 heure pour mon déjeuner.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much! This is really helpful and actually exactly what I needed!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.