Turn on thread page Beta

Why can't everyone be accepted for who they are? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm strongly against racism and inequality; everyone should be equal and nobody should be targeted for the colour of their skin! What are your views on the matter?

ReputationRep:
    So what you want is for everyone to be non-judgemental.

ReputationRep:
    Because people have the need to be superior to everyone else so it'll never change (not everyone, obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgia Brown)
    I'm strongly against racism and inequality; everyone should be equal and nobody should be targeted for the colour of their skin! What are your views on the matter?
    who cares if nobody accepts you as long as you accept yourself it doesn't matter what people think about you, people will always think something about you, sometimes they dont tell you but they will certainly judge you for something.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Cause some people are knob-ends who I don't have to let into my life.

ReputationRep:
    sure, and some are psycho's, weirdos and ********s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassinbunny123)
    who cares if nobody accepts you as long as you accept yourself it doesn't matter what people think about you, people will always think something about you, sometimes they dont tell you but they will certainly judge you for something.
    Thank you for your reply...I have friends who are black and half- cast and it's not fair to see them getting bullied for the colour of their skin. Do you know what I mean?

Because racism and sexism (amongst others) is a mindset, and mindsets are very hard to change once they become ingrained within people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajima)
    Because racism and sexism (amongst others) is a mindset, and mindsets are very hard to change once they become ingrained within people.
    Oh ok. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like people should acknowledge that everyone is different.
    We're not all the same now are we?

Everyone has different hair colours, Eye colours, Body sizes, Skin tones, Eye size etc.
    I love the diversity that exists, however the problem arises when people use these differences to have a pre-conceived opinion on others who may have similar traits to them - That's where it's wrong.

E.g. There is a male and there is a female. Nothing wrong right?

Now if I said: There is a male and there is a female, "so the female is"............................. (Whatever would be said here would be sexist)

ReputationRep:
    The idea of acceptance is contradictory. Accepting acceptance is rejecting intolerance....do you see the flaw in this funny/cute, illogical concept? ....acceptance is intolerant of racists...and since acceptance rejects intolerance acceptance rejects itself because its intolerant. lol

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    I feel like people should acknowledge that everyone is different.
    We're not all the same now are we?

Everyone has different hair colours, Eye colours, Body sizes, Skin tones, Eye size etc.
    I love the diversity that exists, however the problem arises when people use these differences to have a pre-conceived opinion on others who may have similar traits to them - That's where it's wrong.

E.g. There is a male and there is a female. Nothing wrong right?

Now if I said: There is a male and there is a female, "so the female is"............................. (Whatever would be said here would be sexist)
    I completely agree!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.