Turn on thread page Beta

Moody, serious looking guys? watch

What's the deal with some guys that have that serious look. There's a guy that I like at work and every time we look at each other he has this serious face and never smiles at me even though I tried to smile at him.

I started thinking he doesn't even know I exist so I forgot about it but
    last time he was talking to a friend and laughing really loud and would look at me and kind of smile when I walked past. I have literally never heard him talk for more than a few minutes because he doesn't talk to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I’m this in female form , it’s usually just shyness tbh !
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Shyness perhaps?
    I too have a resting b~~~h face (male edition?), it's hard to control and makes you look angry sometimes when you're not.
    Try talking to him and striking up a conversation, if he looks like that all the time he's probably not doing it on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    Probably committed to his work, or just not interested in sparking up a convo. could be that sometimes when guys are tired or bored they might have a straight face.

(Original post by Supernova36)
    I’m this in female form , it’s usually just shyness tbh !
    Really? So if the guy you liked smiled at you, you'd just give a serious look and carry on with your day?

(Original post by hajima)
    Shyness perhaps?
    I too have a resting b~~~h face (male edition?), it's hard to control and makes you look angry sometimes when you're not.
    Try talking to him and striking up a conversation, if he looks like that all the time he's probably not doing it on purpose.
    We have spoken briefly and he doesn't seem the moody serious type. But when we walk past each other, he has this extreme serious face and tries not to look at me. I didn't know shyness was like this? I thought shy guys would look down, no eye contact etc??

ReputationRep:
    You’d probably get a blank stare tbh , it’s not a ‘serious’ look (although it looks serious) it’s more shy or shock as I said ! It’s hard to explain tbh xox
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Really? So if the guy you liked smiled at you, you'd just give a serious look and carry on with your day?

We have spoken briefly and he doesn't seem the moody serious type. But when we walk past each other, he has this extreme serious face and tries not to look at me. I didn't know shyness was like this? I thought shy guys would look down, no eye contact etc??
    There's that then, he isn't the serious moody type, he just looks it due to unfortunate genetics. Also how do you know he's trying not to look at you, maybe he just doesn't recognise you as a friend yet, this is why you have to start a relationship with him instead of just speaking briefly to each other.
    It can manifest itself in many different ways, maybe he's just awkward and isn't sure how to act around people that aren't already friends with him, I don't know enough of the details to give you an accurate answer for this.

ReputationRep:
    What's the deal with some guys that have that serious look. There's a guy that I like at work and every time we look at each other he has this serious face and never smiles at me even though I tried to smile at him.

He's probably gay and has no interest in chatting up female colleagues, or is just weird imo.

I started thinking he doesn't even know I exist so I forgot about it but
    last time he was talking to a friend and laughing really loud and would look at me and kind of smile when I walked past. I have literally never heard him talk for more than a few minutes because he doesn't talk to anyone.
    I am exactly the same. It is probably because he is shy, if he is shy he probably won’t smile back at you because for the most part he probably is too scared to show his affection that way without knowing what you think about him. The best thing I (as a shy guy) would want is for you just to start a conversation and get use to and comfortable talking to you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.